Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Cayman Base fault codes

Old 05-26-2019, 12:39 PM
bowenj
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Cayman Base fault codes

Hello! I recently disconnected my battery on my 2012 Cayman and stupidly closed the front hood, which basically locked me out from reopening it. I used a separate 12V battery to power the latch from the fuse panel per the user manual. Since I’ve reconnected the battery, I’m getting 4 error messages now:

Check engine visit workshop
Dynamic cornering light failure
Headlight beam adjustment faulty
Failure spoiler control

In addition to these errors, the speedometer is not working and the rear spoiler will not go down. The car runs fine, but after driving a few miles, the messages haven’t cleared. Any ideas how to remedy this? I’d really like to avoid having to take it to a dealership.

cheers!
John
Old 05-26-2019, 08:20 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bowenj
Hello! I recently disconnected my battery on my 2012 Cayman and stupidly closed the front hood, which basically locked me out from reopening it. I used a separate 12V battery to power the latch from the fuse panel per the user manual. Since I’ve reconnected the battery, I’m getting 4 error messages now:

Check engine visit workshop
Dynamic cornering light failure
Headlight beam adjustment faulty
Failure spoiler control

In addition to these errors, the speedometer is not working and the rear spoiler will not go down. The car runs fine, but after driving a few miles, the messages haven’t cleared. Any ideas how to remedy this? I’d really like to avoid having to take it to a dealership.

cheers!
John

Are you certain the battery is good and fully charged? This sort of flakiness is typical of battery problems.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:32 PM
bowenj
AutoX

Ok. Dumbass moment #2. When I reconnected the battery after locking myself out of the frunk, a bunch of codes came up and wasn’t patient enough to allow the car the clear them by itself. So I went thru each of the fuses and tested them with a DMM. When I put them back, I put a couple fuses in the wrong row, leaving a couple empty that shouldn’t have been. All the codes in the OP cleared! I now have a single code “Check engine visit workshop”. I have a OBD2 scan tool that I’ll use to see what it’s complaining about. Hopefully it will clear by itself. I’ll be more patient this time.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:43 PM
bowenj
AutoX

The code was P0503, which is supposed to be “vehicle speed sensor intermittent”, which makes sense because when I had the fuses in the wrong location, the speedometer wasn’t working. I was able to clear that code with the OBD. Hopefully it stays cleared.

Now, to get that service engine soon message cleared. I did the last service myself. I don’t have a Durametric...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Cayman Base fault codes