Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAVTV MOST/BOSE AMP Stereo wiring harness from UK

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 PM
Type_A
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAVTV MOST/BOSE AMP Stereo wiring harness from UK

Ive reached out to this site twice with no reply, everywhere else this NAVTV is $650 but its around $350 from this UK site. Anyone have any experience with this site or putting this NAVTV from the UK in a US spec car? Im assuming it will work just fine but thought Id ask before ordering...

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk/navtv-most-bose-amp-stereo-wiring-harness-adaptor-for-porsche
Old 05-15-2019, 12:51 AM
thegoatfarmer
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Type_A
Ive reached out to this site twice with no reply, everywhere else this NAVTV is $650 but its around $350 from this UK site. Anyone have any experience with this site or putting this NAVTV from the UK in a US spec car? Im assuming it will work just fine but thought Id ask before ordering...

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk/...or-for-porsche
No experience, but certainly interested. Following. Keep us posted.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:44 AM
Type_A
Intermediate

Finally got back to me and stated the NAVTV will only work with later 2005 models, mines a 1/05. Anyone think a Kenwood ddx9905x will drive my stock bose speakers just fine? Or will an aftermarket amp be recommended?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Type_A
Intermediate

Theyre telling me early build 2005 models may not have optical and they request I remove the deck to verify if it does or doesnt. Ugh what a pain...
Old 05-16-2019, 03:56 PM
e30if
Track Day

It's not too difficult to get in there to check for the fiber plug, takes maybe 15-20 mins to get the deck out. Alternatively you could check the plug on the stock amp, in the Cayman the stock amp is located behind the removable panel in the frunk, same spot the jack and flat tire kit is stored (two twist pins hold in it). Any aftermarket deck won't typically run Bose speakers, they tend to use extremely odd impedance drivers which tend to only really work with their amps.

Quick Reply: NAVTV MOST/BOSE AMP Stereo wiring harness from UK