Notices

987.2 Spyder - No Sport Button?

Old 05-13-2019, 03:35 PM
Cam07
User

Default 987.2 Spyder - No Sport Button?

I’m potentially in the market for a 987.2 Boxster Spyder (6MT) & have been looking for a few months now. I’d like something a little more engaging than my Base 981 Cayman with the PDK.

One question, I found one for sale that I like, but it doesn’t appear to have the “sport” button. I thought they would all have the “sport” button at a minimum, but only those with sports chrono would have “sport plus.”

Any thoughts here? Just wondering if this car has some option missing that I don’t realize.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2019, 01:17 AM
GT3 Nut
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think you need the sports chrono to get a "sport" button on the manual cars. PDK came with sports plus if it had the sports chrono package.
But I am not 100% sure on that.

I have a 2011 Spyder with sports chrono that I am selling.
PM me if you want more details.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:41 AM
schell
User

You can have the dealer add sport chrono, my 987.2 cayman s pdk did not have a sport button, I had it added and now have sport and sport+ with launch control.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:03 AM
Cam07
User

Thanks for the help here! I was under the impression that all cars had the sport button & sport chrono added the sport plus. Guess that’s just on the 981.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:56 PM
tq.3z
Addict
Rennlist Member

Also, on a manual car - this is such a minor difference that I'd say it doesn't even matter.

I have a chrono/sport button on my car and for the life of me I can hardly tell the difference when it's on/off. It's nothing like what most people make it out to be,

I think I'd even prefer a cleaner dash to it and just have the car re-tuned.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:34 PM
garfunkle
User

Originally Posted by tq.3z View Post
Also, on a manual car - this is such a minor difference that I'd say it doesn't even matter.

I have a chrono/sport button on my car and for the life of me I can hardly tell the difference when it's on/off. It's nothing like what most people make it out to be,

I can tell zero difference.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:43 PM
ekam
User

Originally Posted by tq.3z View Post

No way, I can never drive it without sport button on.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Having driven a spyder for 30,000 miles with sport chrono .. I can say that there is certainly a noticeable difference. Whether that matters to some and if the trade off with the aesthetics of not having a clean dash could be debated. But the repsonse is sharper with sport mode on.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:01 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sport button changes throttle response on a manual Spyder, nothing else changes. I wouldn’t consider it a must have option. Options like LWB, PSE, short shift are far more desireable IMHO. Personally I had to have the full leather too but that’s strictly personal preference and only minor weight savings.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:14 PM
bassie81
User

I always believed it would also influence the electronic nannys, providing some more room to play....

never really tested it though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: