Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zunsport Radiator Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 04:09 PM
12magnetite
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zunsport Radiator Grilles

Hi everyone, new to the forum and wanted to share my experience w/ the zunsport grilles.

I bought my 2015 Cayman S about a month ago and just did my first mod by adding the grilles. The grilles come as a set of 3 per side, but I only needed to use the lower two pieces and didn't have to drill holes. The only thing I had to do was add a clip on each side of the car. Very happy so far and VERY glad I didn't have to remove the bumper to install.

Just thought I'd share. Don't criticize how dirty the car is. I'd rather spend the time driving then cleaning!

Old 05-12-2019, 04:26 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

Looks a lot better installed on the 981 than 987!
Old 05-12-2019, 10:46 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

I put mine on about a month ago. Did it for the functional aspect, and they look good, too, IMO. Also did the center one as there is ducting from the center to the sides so trash could make its way in there without it.

I have a set on my turbo as well.. Super fast shipping from the UK..

Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 AM
jg (atl)
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 37 Posts

Had them for 1.5 years on my GTS. Very satisfied. Was a bit concerned that they may not stay in place, but have had zero problems. Got them to keep trash out or the rads (including a dead bird!). Terrific mod and they look great.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:30 AM
DrBillyD
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts

I bought a set for my 2015 BGTS.

Installation was pretty easy. As I recall, the small side ones required a little coaxing, but nothing severe.

The center one kept popping out if the front end even *touched* the pavement or a curb (e.g. like when parking). Was a PITA to keep checking to make sure it was still there. Finally, I must have driven away after not checking and the center section is now grille-less.....

On a positive note, when I first got the car and didn't have them, it seemed like the side vents were the magnet for debris; the center section not so much.

Quick Reply: Zunsport Radiator Grilles