Notices

987 Boxster Sorting Suggestions

Old 05-15-2019, 02:40 AM
604IS350
User

Great list of mods! The 987.2 are pretty quiet even after changing the headers. Don't get me wrong, they still sound nice but not as loud as the 981 or 991 cars. Do you have PSE? Also, do you have any plans to dyno the car?
Old 05-15-2019, 10:19 AM
garfunkle
User

Originally Posted by 604IS350 View Post
Great list of mods! The 987.2 are pretty quiet even after changing the headers. Don't get me wrong, they still sound nice but not as loud as the 981 or 991 cars. Do you have PSE? Also, do you have any plans to dyno the car?
The headers barely changed the sound but the butt dyne likes a lot. I was actually a little surprised at the difference, I also did plugs so maybe that woke her up. Especially with the tune. No PSE. My 911 is so loud, I wanted a little quieter experience. Likely I'll go with a remus or something eventually but I am out of my fun money for some time after all this I'm not pretending it's fair but even before headers (plenum and tune) I pulled pretty good on a 987.1 Cayman.

No plans on dyno.... I used to do that before and after mods but I have the driving experience I was looking for It was also frustrating to post online and have people heckle the "bad numbers." I guesstimate 30-50hp increase for way too much money. (Plenum, TB, filter, headers, tune).

My favorite mod so far (besides knowing all the maintenance is squared away) is the FF1 engine mount.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: