Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable Indy shop or dealership for PPI near College Park MD? + questions on 987.1

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 11:20 PM
alsrn1492
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Reputable Indy shop or dealership for PPI near College Park MD? + questions on 987.1

Hello everyone, just joined the forum expecting my first Porsche in the next few days.
Had a test drive between Boxster base and S, and decided to save some money for expected big expenditures in next 6 months.
I'm getting a great deal on a 987.1 Boxster base, which at some point the price might seem crazy - sub $9k for 93k miles Boxster.
Due to the fact that I promised my little sister that she would get a convertible as a gift when she goes to college, had to pick the Tiptronic, but it would be a great gift for the little one.
For the following reasons: 1. Coming from PA area 2. Only owned Infinitis until I developed a Porsche syndrome, I need some advice.

1. Which places near College Park MD is a reputable shop or a dealership to get a PPI with all their honesty?

2. Is the stock base sound system that terrible as I heard a lot of talks about it? Not looking to bang music while I'm cruising in 40 degrees PA spring weather with the top down, but would at least expect a better sound system quality than 2007 civic, my first own daily driver.

3. Does anyone have experience with the Cayman style hardtop being easily installed and detached? While looking at some hardtop options, the OEM hardtop just does not want to show off any chemistry with my taste. Some of you guys might say why not get a Cayman? but I'm planning on giving this Boxster to my little one as soon as I get an opportunity to move into any metro area.

Thank you all.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Kitc2246
Three Wheelin'

Received 446 Likes on 332 Posts

Go to pcapotomac.org, Acitvities, Tech Inspection Schedule. That schedule shows one dealer and one Indy in MD that host the Tech inspections for the PCA Potomac HPDEs. There are more in Northern VA. Suggest you cruise the 986 Forum on potential issues with the IMS bearing as number one.

09 Boxster PDK w/Sport/Sport+

Quick Reply: Reputable Indy shop or dealership for PPI near College Park MD? + questions on 987.1