Capristo MK1 Cayman system fit on '06 Boxster 2.7L? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 987 - 981 Forum
Reload this Page >

Capristo MK1 Cayman system fit on '06 Boxster 2.7L?

Notices

Capristo MK1 Cayman system fit on '06 Boxster 2.7L?

Old 03-14-2019, 06:06 PM
skidpalace
User

Default Capristo MK1 Cayman system fit on '06 Boxster 2.7L?

Hello all,
I found a great deal on a new-in-box Capristo cat-back valved exhaust system.
The problem is that the system is 2014 vintage (MK1) for the pre-2009 Cayman.
https://capristoexhaust.com/product/...xhaust-system/
I have been told by Capristo US that the mounting locations are different for the Bosxter specific kit.
https://capristoexhaust.com/product/...k-incl-remote/
However, I suspect that they may just want to sell me a new system.
Does anyone have first hand experience with these systems or would know that there is no significant difference in the mounting locations or fitment to my 2006 Boxster base?
Thanks.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:37 PM
Zach L
Addict
Rennlist Member

All 987.1 (pre-2009) exhausts for Boxster and Cayman are interchangeable. The catback systems and headers will all mate up to one another. Engine size does not matter either.

The one you have should fit.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:49 AM
skidpalace
User

Originally Posted by Zach L View Post
All 987.1 (pre-2009) exhausts for Boxster and Cayman are interchangeable. The catback systems and headers will all mate up to one another. Engine size does not matter either.

The one you have should fit.
OK, Interesting, Here is the quote exactly from the Operations Director at Capristo in FL:
The Boxster and Cayman before 2009 had a slightly different gearbox. The MK2 987 they standardized it and thus there is just one system. The cayman one wont fit your car. Our 987 Boxster exhaust is currently 25% off right now (I have one left at that price)
Like I mentioned, I think he is trying to get me to pop for a new full system direct from them. However, the MK1 vs MK2 comment has some merit.
Zach, if you are confident that the Cayman system will bolt into my Boxster, I will likely snag it this weekend.
I can't turn it down at this price (less than $1500 new in box), but I also don't want to be stuck with a system that won't bolt up.
Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: