Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 Boxster Clutch Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 10:18 PM
addysdady
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 987 Boxster Clutch Trouble

Hi All,

I feel like I only post when I have an issue...but you guys have helped me a lot.

The wife sent me to the store on Saturday and I noticed that my clutch felt softer than usual. It was fine the night before. When I got the car in October, the first thing that I noticed was how hard the clutch was... Much different than the BMW's that I have owned in the past. It continues to feel soft and there is a slight vibration when putting it in 1st. Shifts very smoothly in all other gears. I have never had a clutch feeling change overnight and keep thinking that I am just imagining the whole thing. I am wondering if someone has had a similar experience. The car is a 2005 Boxster Base with a 6 speed transmission and has 184K on the original clutch. I guess it's about time. Thinking of doing the job myself. Being that it's a 6 speed base, sourcing the right clutch has proven to be confusing.

Any advice, guidance, thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 PM
danschy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, 184K is pretty good! My experience with clutches going, and I only experienced it on my old 914 (and multiple times), was it went from perfect to slipping virtually instantaneously.

Quick Reply: 987 Boxster Clutch Trouble