987 Boxster Clutch Trouble - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

987 Boxster Clutch Trouble

Old 03-12-2019, 10:18 PM
addysdady
User

Default 987 Boxster Clutch Trouble

Hi All,

I feel like I only post when I have an issue...but you guys have helped me a lot.

The wife sent me to the store on Saturday and I noticed that my clutch felt softer than usual. It was fine the night before. When I got the car in October, the first thing that I noticed was how hard the clutch was... Much different than the BMW's that I have owned in the past. It continues to feel soft and there is a slight vibration when putting it in 1st. Shifts very smoothly in all other gears. I have never had a clutch feeling change overnight and keep thinking that I am just imagining the whole thing. I am wondering if someone has had a similar experience. The car is a 2005 Boxster Base with a 6 speed transmission and has 184K on the original clutch. I guess it's about time. Thinking of doing the job myself. Being that it's a 6 speed base, sourcing the right clutch has proven to be confusing.

Any advice, guidance, thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 PM
danschy
User

Wow, 184K is pretty good! My experience with clutches going, and I only experienced it on my old 914 (and multiple times), was it went from perfect to slipping virtually instantaneously.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: