Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new owner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Strat_928
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Another new owner!

Hi everyone, I am not a stranger to Porsche or RL, since I have a 1983 928s outside (for sale, ha). But I did just purchase a very pristine 2015 Cayman S, and man do I love this car.
Here is the rundown -
PDK
20 in wheels, Graphite color
Sport Chrono
Bose sound
CPO in force until Dec 2020
Dealer did the 40k service since it is going on 4 years, even though mileage is slightly under 20k.
No PASM
No PSE
Rhodium Silver w/ Black interior
Expel on front and bottom edge of body
Well cared for as it was last owned by the Finance manager of the Porsche dealer where I got it - a great group a Euroclassics Porsche in Richmond Va!
They also gave me a free drivers club pass for a day at the Dominion raceway track nearby.
It is so smooth and precise, but can drop the hammer in an instant....very cool and fun, also much more comfortable than one might expect.
Nice not having to worry about getting through, or away from, interstate traffic when needed.
I have only had it about 2 weeks and I am VERY anxiously waiting for spring to hit the surrounding twisties here in VA... it is hard though
That is about it for now, all I have done is purchase a nice cell phone mount that does not spoil the interior look,,, got tired of putting the phone in the center console.

Later - MM

Day of delivery

Phone mount I like - it is a Spidgen
Old 03-06-2019, 06:26 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,133 Likes on 638 Posts

Great car, welcome!

Quick question- would you be willing to trade wheels? I have the Carrera S 20s as well, but mine are black with the silver lip. I'd be willing to spot cash to up the incentive. I'm in central MD and would be willing to come to you (in a few weeks, I'm also waiting for spring with baited breath).

Figured it would be worth it just to ask, as I'm actively looking for those wheels. Here's a pic of my car for reference.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:50 PM
Kitc2246
Three Wheelin'

Received 447 Likes on 332 Posts

Congratulations, 981 on my wish list for next year. At least one more year from my 09 Boxster PDK w/Sport/Sport+. You said you are not a stranger to Porsche so ignore the advice if its not needed. If you are not already a member and involved in DEs or AutoX recommend you look at joining PCA. They also have other non-track Drive and Dine type events. SCCA and NASA are other options. I'm in Gainesville so belong to Potomac PCA. Recommend their one day High Performance Drivers Clinic held at Summit Point, WV. They only have two per year and the first is this Sunday and full. Next one is Sep 7. Their HPDC is required for their DEs. . Go to Motorsportreg.com to see most if not all track events. Have you played with Sports Chrono? I want to see a post on your first Launch. I added Sport/Sport+ (can't add launch to a Base) last Spring and love Sport+ for the track. IMHO Sport+ is strictly a track mode, keeps RPMs between 4K and redline. Sport crisper shifts at higher RPMs. Lots of lengthy discussions on rennlist on using the PDK manual mode. Put on new Hawk DCT 60 race pads this morning for my first DE this year at Summit Point. Potomac PCA opened up their first two events to early registration in January and I missed the email. Doing a SCCA event this weekend and a NASA event in April, both on Summit Point Main. 981s have upgraded front brakes so you will have to remove the calipers to change pads. Rears do not. Did you get four new tires? I should check out Dominion. Further than Summit Point, but almost same travel time assuming no traffic problems on 95 ( did I just write that)!

09 Boxster PDK w/Sport/Sport+
00 BMW 320 Ci Gone and missed
85 Saab 900T Autobahn cruiser
65 Mustang 289 4 speed First love
16 MB GLC 300 DD
Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 PM
GTSDreamer
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pickup! I just became a Porsche owner myself this past Saturday. Loving it!

Excuse the dirty car weather has been unkind here in Norcal
Old 03-06-2019, 10:53 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Strat_928
. . . . . I did just purchase a very pristine 2015 Cayman S, and man do I love this car.
Great grab! Many congrats

Originally Posted by GTSDreamer
I just became a Porsche owner myself this past Saturday. Loving it!l
More Cayman love! Enjoy.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats on the new rides. I love the 981 styling.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Opus1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great find !
Never saw a Cayman with a double shifter, WOW !!!!!!
Take it on the Autocross to find the edge, you won't be disappointed .
50 Degrees on Saturday ,Yippee time for a thorough bath !
Old 03-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Strat_928
Instructor

Yeah worth asking, but sadly no, these are exactly what I wanted. I had black and shiny on my last car a Ford Mustang GT... looked great, but these with the matte finish is much more my style! I love the GTS though,, good score!
Old 03-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Strat_928
Instructor

Thanks to everyone else for the congrats too! - Yes I was in the PCA with the 928 but have rejoined now. I am in th Shenandoah District and also participant in First Settlers. Never been to Summit Point, but I have Dominion Raceway 2 exits down I-95 now! Plus I usually make a trek to VIR to watch a race in the PorschePlatz. they always let the Porsches go around a couple laps,,,, so awesome, especially now with the 981!
Old 03-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Strat_928
Instructor

Yah - why not a double shifter? - the big one is for over 3k on the Tach... LOL
Old 03-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Steve48
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow, stunning...pretty much the exact spec I will be looking for when I sell my M4!
Old 03-11-2019, 07:21 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,133 Likes on 638 Posts

I knew swapping wheels would be a longshot, and honestly that finish looks just about perfect on your car. Good call!

I need to make it to Dominion at some point in the near future. It's a little farther than Summit for me but probably the second closest track. I've heard great things and it hasn't been open for very long.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Strat_928
Instructor

One of the few cars I really enjoy in white! The body design still sparkles in white, too many cars look a little washed out. But not the Cayman

Yes the painted graphite wheels did go perfect with the Rhodium silver. It has a little blue in it as opposed to the other silver that has more black in it. That one would probably do well with the black (or graphite wheels.)

Maybe we will see each other at Dominon or VIR sometime. Since I originally posted, I have reserved a time at the Atlanta headquarters driving experience. 90 minutes in a GTS with a dedicated instructor on their track. I want to go through that first before I try Dominion. Get a little pro help and indoctrination. I already know that it can hit 100 while passing one car in a few seconds.....LOL, so I want to explore the limits some with a pro first. Cannot wait!
Old 03-18-2019, 04:14 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Congrats, sweet car. I'll be at VIR in July with Rezoom if you are looking for events this yr - I'm one of their instructors and drive a 981S.

Quick Reply: Another new owner!