Another 987 Spyder on BAT... - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Another 987 Spyder on BAT...

Old 03-07-2019, 05:57 PM
2XIPA
User

Wow I have the same color combo plus a couple of other factory goodies but without the sport bucket seats. I paid less than that 6 years ago. Good to see the 987.2’s are feeling the love.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:21 PM
jvmax
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue View Post
I wasn’t expecting it to go as high as it did but there were two people who wanted the car badly enough. It’s certainly a unique color combo and it’s nice to see that the good Spyders are appreciated/appreciating.

Prices will continue to be all over the board but one thing is for certain, the lower mileage, excellent condition more unique examples are definitely going up. Another very common trend I have seen consistently now are many former Spyder owners who want to jump back in and get another.
yes, I miss the ones I sold last year on BAT. Have always wanted a Aqua Blue and wanted to try a PDK in this chassis. I bid to the selling price of the PTS speed Yellow I sold last year on BAT. Couldnt justify going higher, but this car looked to be worth it!!
Old 03-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Masergss
User

JV your GT3 is stunning! Hard to believe you miss the spyder with your garage, that a real compliment to the old girl.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:50 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Masergss View Post
JV your GT3 is stunning! Hard to believe you miss the spyder with your garage, that a real compliment to the old girl.
The Spyder is likely far more enjoyable on the street, that GT3 can only really be enjoyed at the track. One of each is ideal
Old 03-08-2019, 11:20 AM
MidEngineRules
User

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey View Post
It's good to see these cars finally starting to bring some $$ (although there's still plenty of room to run IMO) and I hope this does signal a continuing upward trend that is long overdue. I've scratched my head for some time and expressed here repeatedly confusion as to why these cars are underpriced and underappreciated. Special doesn't begin to describe these cars. Get them while you can and hold on tight.
Sotheby listed the 2011/12 Spyder and 2012 Cayman R last year as future classics. I believe it. Wish I still had both of mine, which I owned at the same time. Never should have traded them for the 2016 Spyder I also owned. Really lo ve 981 Spyders but 987 Spyder and Cayman Rs are so perfectly balanced, had perfect suspensions, and were as much fun to drive as they are to look at.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MidEngineRules View Post
Sotheby listed the 2011/12 Spyder and 2012 Cayman R last year as future classics. I believe it. Wish I still had both of mine, which I owned at the same time. Never should have traded them for the 2016 Spyder I also owned. Really lo ve 981 Spyders but 987 Spyder and Cayman Rs are so perfectly balanced, had perfect suspensions, and were as much fun to drive as they are to look at.
Any chance you have a link to the article?

I do know that the Spyder has been listed by many magazines etc as a bargain in the Porsche world. When you look at the bigger picture it’s a very good looking Porsche and it has the performance, reliability and fun factor to back up the looks. That is a rare combination these days.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Ale_72
User

Originally Posted by Marine Blue View Post
Any chance you have a link to the article?
+1
Old 03-09-2019, 04:18 PM
sh944
Geezer
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

In all honesty, I’d trade my Carrera white Spyder for an Aqua Blue one without any hesitation at all. I love that color and it’s probably the only thing that would get me to part with my current Spyder.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:26 PM
daylorb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but now the highest resale price is in the hands of PDK, not manual... just sayin'...
Old 03-09-2019, 08:22 PM
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daylorb View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but now the highest resale price is in the hands of PDK, not manual... just sayin'...
Nope... Not true... bought mine for $71k... Searched for a looooong time for the perfect one. Then it popped up... ironically from the same dealer as the Aqua/Sand Biege one. It only had 935 miles. Brand spanking new!
Old 03-09-2019, 09:08 PM
daylorb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod View Post

Nope... Not true... bought mine for $71k... Searched for a looooong time for the perfect one. Then it popped up... ironically from the same dealer as the Aqua/Sand Biege one. It only had 935 miles. Brand spanking new!
Ok, I stand corrected, with only 935 miles though, got to figure that. This one with buyers fee would have been just under $70K.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:36 PM
Z356
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Suggested Reading re: 2011/2012 Boxster Spyder

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR View Post
Agreed.

Why were so many 987.2 Spyders PDK?
Right in the middle of the 987 Boxster Spyder production cycle, I decided to investigate the inventory of 2011 Boxster Spyder in inventory at US
dealers. I spent a whole weekend doing extensive research...and documented it all in my first truly exhaustive Rennlist thread ever. I think some
of you interested in this model might find it interesting reading:

A) Number of Unsold Spyder in Dealer Inventory is Huge!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...y-is-huge.html

These are the other threads re: the 987 Spyder which some might find interesting:

B) Where are the last MY2012 Spyders Going To the US?

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...to-the-us.html

C) My Aqua Blue Metallic/Carrera Red '12 Spyder - Tale of a Custom Order!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...tom-order.html

D) Official Porsche Archive Production Figures for the MY2011/2012 987 Boxster Spyder!

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...er-spyder.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale, AZ
Old 03-09-2019, 11:37 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daylorb View Post
On BAT yes but I know many private party Spyders that have sold for more. Many change hands without ever being listed for sale and there are several that also sold through dealers that have sold higher.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:51 PM
grgallo
Addict
Rennlist Member

[color=left=#222222]I read several threads on value appreciation (I did not buy 2011 Spyder as an investment). Yes, I'm biased, I have PDK. I find it interesting, here's the hypothetical: base case: the 911 air-cooled market approximate spike was in 2015 thus a '95 911 was generally in the $70K realm, a big uptick from original price and from 2012-13; let's assume 50 year-old folks were buying them (born in 1965 driving at 16, 1981). These folks can drive manual. Now let's fast forward to 2031, the 20 year anniversary of 2011 Spyders. When would the 50 year-old folks have been born? 1981. Driving at 1997. Not likely to be able to drive manual. PDK will be the car of choice. And some here say it is now...[/color]
Old 03-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Ale_72
User

Originally Posted by grgallo View Post
[color=left=#222222]Now let's fast forward to 2031, the 20 year anniversary of 2011 Spyders. When would the 50 year-old folks have been born? 1981. Driving at 1997. Not likely to be able to drive manual. PDK will be the car of choice. And some here say it is now...[/color]
In Europe I think that until “now” (unless something has changes in the past couple of years) the only way to get a driving licence with no restrictions on the gearbox, was to take and pass the exam with a manual transmission car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: