Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Pro Kit vs. Vogtland vs. H&R spring rates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 08:46 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by ZDan
"Member For Sale" ads, + "Parts Marketplace", what's the 3rd one?

Rules don't single out PASM-equipped cars anyway. Probably should... Maybe PDK as well, reportedly worth maybe half a second? I got a manual though...
We haven't had a whole lot of stockish Caymans running with the club so points system doesn't account for details of options...
What guy that just won a title you referring to?
Club is COMSCC, we run Palmer, NHMS, WGI, Thompson, sometimes Mosport, sometimes Mont Tremblant...
"The *NEW* Marketplace"....data shows PDK to be good for 0.1-0.15 sec per shift.....depends on driver....not sure on the guy's name but it was SCCA
Old 02-20-2019, 09:22 AM
ZDan
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by A432
"The *NEW* Marketplace"....data shows PDK to be good for 0.1-0.15 sec per shift.....depends on driver....not sure on the guy's name but it was SCCA
Cool, thanks! I found a set of PASM springs near me so I'm in bidness

Hmmm, if PDK is worth around a second or more per lap...

I went with a manual because of fear of potential annoying and/or expensive PDK issues with an aging 987.
In my 987.2 search there were two options I had to have: LSD and sport seats. For faster lap times, maybe I shoulda focused on PASM and PDK instead... Ah, second-guessing :P
Old 02-20-2019, 01:17 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by ZDan
Cool, thanks! I found a set of PASM springs near me so I'm in bidness

Hmmm, if PDK is worth around a second or more per lap...

I went with a manual because of fear of potential annoying and/or expensive PDK issues with an aging 987.
In my 987.2 search there were two options I had to have: LSD and sport seats. For faster lap times, maybe I shoulda focused on PASM and PDK instead... Ah, second-guessing :P
You're welcome. Can't disagree about potential PDK issues, they can be somewhat mitigated through frequent fluid changes and coolers etc., but it's still always a possibility.
I think you did fine by what you got, plus it def. takes more skill to drive the 6sp. at a similar pace to the PDK so it's a little more rewarding/engaging to do well with the 6sp.
The LSD does help, and one of the ways to make it and the synchros work better is to switch to the Mobil Delvac fluid you can get at Suncoast. Makes both grip better.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro Kit vs. Vogtland vs. H&R spring rates?