Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the North Phoenix area that can help take a look at a 981 Spyder please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Anyone in the North Phoenix area that can help take a look at a 981 Spyder please

I have found a beautiful 2016 Boxster Spyder in the North Phoenix area. Since I live in Texas, it is quite difficult to make this trip. Is there a Rennlist enthusiast in the North Phoenix area that would help me take a look at this Spyder please. If so please PM me and I will contact the seller to make arrangements for the same.

Thanking you in advance,

Raghu
Old 02-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Prisoner48
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My independent Porsche mechanic is Scott McILvain, owns McILvain Motors in Tempe AZ. Great guy, very savy, long time PCA instructor.
scott@mcilvainmotors.com or call him (480)968-2558
Bona Fortuna!
Old 02-13-2019, 08:31 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts
Default 2016 Boxster Spyder

Thanks a lot guys for offering to help. In fact Dave drove 30 miles last night to take a good look at the car and he even took photos for me. It was reassuring to say the least to have a fellow Rennlister help me out. Thanks Dave. Unfortunately, the owner backed out today after accepting the offer last night as I was requesting a PPI. So the search continues for SBM PCCB, LWBS/18ways. Even silver with classic red interior may work. I will ask again if the owner will let Scott come out and examine the car for me. Perhaps he will agree. I shall give Scott a call if the owner agrees.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 AM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu
Thanks a lot guys for offering to help. In fact Dave drove 30 miles last night to take a good look at the car and he even took photos for me. It was reassuring to say the least to have a fellow Rennlister help me out. Thanks Dave. Unfortunately, the owner backed out today after accepting the offer last night as I was requesting a PPI. So the search continues for SBM PCCB, LWBS/18ways. Even silver with classic red interior may work. I will ask again if the owner will let Scott come out and examine the car for me. Perhaps he will agree. I shall give Scott a call if the owner agrees.

Thanks guys.
Anyone who is unwilling to do a PPI at a reputable shop is shady (or way too busy to be selling a car). My $0.02. I have never had any one say no to do a PPI at my expense at a local shop. I also prefer the indy shops as the dealers tend to miss things, but not always. Our local Porsche dealer here is actually pretty solid from a service standpoint.

Good luck with your search... they're awesome cars. You will find one!
Old 02-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

That's a bummer. Fingers crossed the seller comes around, but as gaub says there are more fish in the sea so if it doesn't happen it is perhaps for the best.

Sounds like Dave went above and beyond.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Good on you for sticking to the need for a PPI. I agree, anyone who won't allow the car to get checked out at the buyer's expense is questionable.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:03 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Local dealer by me wouldn't do a PPI on a 08 Boxster a friend bought. They did agree to look the car over (for free I think), but not dig into the car. It was being sold by a non Porsche non factory marque dealer. They don't want to be liable for broken pieces of plastic. The selling dealer is 1/4 mile from the Porsche dealer.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

None of the local dealers here in the Bay Area would do one for me either, but there are indy shops that can do them. And the dealer will usually be willing to at least run an overrev report.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:12 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu

Thanks guys.
What ever came of this? I'm also in the PHX area looking for a spyder! Did you ever grab the car or seller just backed out of entire deal?

Quick Reply: Anyone in the North Phoenix area that can help take a look at a 981 Spyder please