Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada? - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 987 - 981 Forum
Reload this Page >

Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada?

Notices

Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada?

Old 03-15-2019, 11:34 AM
storii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod View Post
You sure your defroster trims and center speaker are covered in leather? They look different than what mine were... Yours have no stitching. Maybe they did two different tiers of leather???
Good eye! I was going to mention that these parts are not wrapped in leather. I double checked the parts catalog and the description for the part number for the defroster trim was "Defroster trim Leather" and the model code was "I981". For the center speaker cover, there are 2 different part numbers: one for I981 and another for unspecified model. I obviously picked the one for I981. I checked the parts themselves and they do bear the correct part numbers stamped on them. I also checked the 981 Spyder parts catalog but it only showed the same parts. I now have to believe that the defroster trims and center speaker cover actually wrapped in leather must be some kind of special order items and not available in the parts catalog.

On the other hand, their texture looks pretty consistent with the leather and they are pretty much out of sight. I am okay to proceed with them.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:05 PM
il pirata
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by storii View Post
On the other hand, their texture looks pretty consistent with the leather and they are pretty much out of sight. I am okay to proceed with them.
I do like all leather up there when cleaning/treating the dash. It's a pretty tight area.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: