Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 987 - 981 Forum
Reload this Page >

Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada?

Notices
987 - 981 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just the leather cowl cover or the whole enchilada?

Old 02-12-2019, 01:28 PM
storii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CornerOffice View Post
Meh, go for it. Cheaper than buying a different car. I dropped more than that on X73 and FVD exhaust and you canĺt see either of them. (But you can feel them/hear them.)
But you can feel and hear them for sure! My car has the PASM and I retrofitted the PSE so I'm covered in those departments.

My trusted source (an active Porsche tech) told me the job's posted standard labor time is 7.3 hours and it's pretty involved. It doesn't look like I will find much lower price....
Old 02-12-2019, 01:38 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by storii View Post
Call me crazy but it looks like I'll be spending $4k just to get a leather dash in my car.
Oh, are we starting a thread of all the stupid sheet we've blown our money on over the years? Count me in for installing leather interior and a $300 steering wheel re-wrap on my kid's 2000 Tacoma! Whatever.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:09 PM
storii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC View Post
Oh, are we starting a thread of all the stupid sheet we've blown our money on over the years? Count me in for installing leather interior and a $300 steering wheel re-wrap on my kid's 2000 Tacoma! Whatever.
Ha ha. They would have to create a new sub forum just for that if we started doing so.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:30 PM
CornerOffice
User

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC View Post
Oh, are we starting a thread of all the stupid sheet we've blown our money on over the years?
Exhibit A. But Who wants to be the richest person in the cemetery anyway?

Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM
storii
Addict
Rennlist Member

The dealer is having a hard time to determine the correct parts. Because they had agreed to match the price by the online supplier, I decided to buy the parts from them. I think it's 981-552-101-20-A11 for the dash (black w/o Sport Chrono) and 981-552-021-00-A11 for the cowl but am not 100% sure. Especially the cowl (the parts catalog calls it "instrument box") is a mystery because the catalog doesn't say "leather" anywhere. So I asked the dealer to make sure these were the correct parts and they are struggling. I told them to call Porsche on Monday and ask them.

Does anyone here happen to know the part #'s of the regular black leather dash and cowl for a 2015 Boxster S without Sport Chrono?
Old Today, 02:10 AM
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by storii View Post
The dealer is having a hard time to determine the correct parts. Because they had agreed to match the price by the online supplier, I decided to buy the parts from them. I think it's 981-552-101-20-A11 for the dash (black w/o Sport Chrono) and 981-552-021-00-A11 for the cowl but am not 100% sure. Especially the cowl (the parts catalog calls it "instrument box") is a mystery because the catalog doesn't say "leather" anywhere. So I asked the dealer to make sure these were the correct parts and they are struggling. I told them to call Porsche on Monday and ask them.

Does anyone here happen to know the part #'s of the regular black leather dash and cowl for a 2015 Boxster S without Sport Chrono?
Your part numbers seem correct.
Key is the codes:
098 = LHD
639 = Sport Chrono Package
640 = Sport Chrono Plus Package
980 = Leather Package
981 = Leather Equipement, without seat cover

981 552 101 20 A11 = leather dash
981 552 021 00 A11 = cowl / instrument box is only offered one way. It is coded for both 980 and 981.

Find it funny your dealer doesn’t know how to read a parts catalog.

Last edited by n4v4nod; Today at 02:42 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: