Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting headlights for RHD and LHD

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Adjusting headlights for RHD and LHD

So in theory you can switch your headlights for driving on either side of the road with a small switch inside the headlight. This is according to the factory service manual. In practice I don't see any damn switch! This is a USA car (987.2 Cayman, 2010) and I've imported it to the UK. I've attached a link to a video I made of the inside of the headlight in case someone with more experience can point it out to me. Is there a chance that they didn't both with the switch for USA models? Thanks for any advice. I have an inspection coming up in a week and I need to resolve this, hopefully without buying a new set of headlights!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YZf...ew?usp=sharing

The video starts by zooming in on the O/T area which in theory is where the switch should be located to set to "O" for home or "T" for away.

Shawn
Old 02-08-2019, 12:45 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

Are you sure? I thought the headlights have different part #s...
Old 02-09-2019, 06:54 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts

Well, I'm sure that that some/most headlights can be switched (see image from users manual below and the service manual shows something quite similar). What I'm not sure about is whether this is only present on cars sold in markets that are likely to need this ability. In later models they made it so you can just switch this with the on board computer. I'm going to keep digging and visit a local dealer to see if it can be coded, but I was hoping I was just missing something obvious and could point it out to me.

Quick Reply: Adjusting headlights for RHD and LHD