Gen-1 Classic Spyder Ebay sale... - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Gen-1 Classic Spyder Ebay sale...

Old 02-13-2019, 11:30 PM
JPMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod View Post

SJ, Ha! So true!

JPMD, congrats on acquiring this beautiful example of a 987.2 Spyder... simply awesome.

Ty
Really appreciate it.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:40 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD View Post
Guys, I purchased the car! Smooth deal. Seems like a really good car.
Will update with more info and pics in the near future.
Really excited to get back into a 987 Spyder.

This will be my 3rd.

First Spyder was a 2011 Arctic Silver, STD black interior with LWB & PDK. This was my first Porsche. Plan was to have an afterwork/weekend car to enjoy and the PDK would allow my wife to enjoy it. Turned out my wife may have driven the car once or twice in 3yrs. I traded the Spyder for a 991.1 GT3 which then got me hooked also on the GT cars lol. Wanting a fun manual car I purchased my 2nd Spyder a perfect example as intended and representing the ethos and true concept a white on STD black, LWB, 6spd, short shifter, PSE with radio and A/C delete. Loved this car but could not do without the A/C in South Florida. Car was sold to a true enthusiest and 987 Spyder superfan which I was happy about. Having owned a few prior he now has my former car and another 987 Spyder. One for each residence with the A/C delete car to be driven in the North.
Congrats and welcome back into the fold, you definitely picked up a great example and color combo. Your progression does make sense, it seems everyone has a specific list of must have options for their ideal version of the Spyder, much of it dependent on usage and climate.

Enjoy in good health and definitely post up more pics!
Old 03-12-2019, 11:16 PM
kDub
User

Originally Posted by JPMD View Post
Guys, I purchased the car! Smooth deal. Seems like a really good car.
Will update with more info and pics in the near future.
Really excited to get back into a 987 Spyder.

This will be my 3rd.

Do you mind sharing what you paid or PM me. Close to pulling trigger on one. Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2019, 11:25 PM
JPMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kDub View Post

Do you mind sharing what you paid or PM me. Close to pulling trigger on one. Thanks!!
Not at all, 65K

Car was delivered yesterday evening. Great condition 9.5/10
Really excited. Plates came today although I did have her on the road already and cannot be happier.

Good luck with your search.

-John

Old 03-13-2019, 01:11 AM
kDub
User

Thanks for sharing and congratulations!! This would be my first Porsche. My dad had an old Austin Healy 100-4 back in the day and he passed several years ago. That’s sort of what kicked off this journey. After looking at a few Healy’s I decided I wanted something a little more modern but I wanted to keep that true sports car feeling. After about 1,999 searches on cars dot com, and filtering out the $100k plus cars, I keep coming back to the Spyder. What’s really ironic about this is back in 2010 (?) I had a car and driver magazine subscription and I remember this car being the center fold in one of the issues and that image is permanently cemented in my mind and is connected directly to the smile reflex.

Last edited by kDub; 03-13-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Turbo Jonny
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations , welcome back to the Spyderati fold

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: