Gen-1 Classic Spyder Ebay sale... - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Gen-1 Classic Spyder Ebay sale...

 
Old 02-05-2019, 03:41 PM
  #16  
SpyderSenseOC
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SpyderSenseOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 742
Default

Originally Posted by Marine Blue View Post


Looks like it may be sold?
It's back.

And while I like the overall appearance package of the 981 over the 987, the painted center console of the 987 is awesome.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Boxster-Spyder/153365948846?hash=item23b552a9ae:g:EJYAAOSwOHpcWbME:rk:8f:0&vxp=mtr
SpyderSenseOC is online now  
Old 02-05-2019, 04:34 PM
  #17  
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
n4v4nod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,665
Default

After relooking at the photos... silver is in way better cosmetic condition than the white. All based on the photos of course. Someone buy it!!!
n4v4nod is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 06:45 PM
  #18  
Suicide Jockey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Suicide Jockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,613
Default

Originally Posted by 63A 981510 View Post
Someone buy it!!!
I'd love to grab it as a bookend and then order a 982 Spyder in silver/red to complete the three-gen Spyder trifecta in matching color scheme.

I wonder if anyone here has color-matching 987 and 981 Spyders who is shooting for such a trifecta with the 982? Now that would be pretty groovy.
Suicide Jockey is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 07:57 PM
  #19  
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
n4v4nod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,665
Default

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey View Post
I'd love to grab it as a bookend and then order a 982 Spyder in silver/red to complete the three-gen Spyder trifecta in matching color scheme.

I wonder if anyone here has color-matching 987 and 981 Spyders who is shooting for such a trifecta with the 982? Now that would be pretty groovy.
That would be cool!
n4v4nod is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 11:27 AM
  #20  
Zeus993
Super User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,467
Default

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey View Post
I'd love to grab it as a bookend and then order a 982 Spyder in silver/red to complete the three-gen Spyder trifecta in matching color scheme.

I wonder if anyone here has color-matching 987 and 981 Spyders who is shooting for such a trifecta with the 982? Now that would be pretty groovy.
That would be crazy-good Nick. What a MAD (but good) idea!
Zeus993 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 04:34 PM
  #21  
christallon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
christallon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,440
Default

Originally Posted by DFW01TT View Post
I think that the answer is to consign your 986/987 to Ryan Freidman for sale. He seems to think that a 40% premium to market will work. If it doesn't, you haven't lost anything. Go Ryan! Build the market.
So the market for these is now 40% lower than the asking price of this car? Pray Tell, what are your data points?

The value arguments around these 987.2 Spyders are beginning to sound a lot like the arguments folks were having 5-7 years ago around the 964 market, and more specifically around the RSA's within that model range. Limited production will always command premiums. VIN is King. The real interesting piece of value related to these are the specific parts and engineering that went into making these so special. 2 years only; many aluminum panels specific to this car only; that top, which arguably is a true masterpiece in Lt Wt engineering; it's performance only ethos; and frankly the profile. Truly impressive piece of Porsche History in process.
christallon is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:23 PM
  #22  
CaymanSinAR
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 712
Default

Originally Posted by christallon View Post
So the market for these is now 40% lower than the asking price of this car? Pray Tell, what are your data points?
Not exactly. He thinks the market for it should be about $50K, and $70K is a 40% bump over that. So 40% over what he believes to be current market, not 40% below asking price (which would be around $42K).

To me, based on nothing whatsover, I'd put it around $60-$62K.

That car wouldn't be for sale at $42K. It'd be in my garage.
CaymanSinAR is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:27 PM
  #23  
christallon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
christallon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,440
Default

Yes, your math is right, I went from top down, not bottom up... Still $50K for this is way low today.

Rarity will always win out over time.
christallon is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:28 PM
  #24  
ToasterThief
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 334
Default

Agree about the price being high. I'm looking for a car to drive, with a manual/buckets, preferably with AC, a radio, and pse. That car fits the bill but 70k is more than I'm willing to pay.
ToasterThief is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:38 PM
  #25  
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Marine Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 13,714
Default

Originally Posted by ToasterThief View Post
Agree about the price being high. I'm looking for a car to drive, with a manual/buckets, preferably with AC, a radio, and pse. That car fits the bill but 70k is more than I'm willing to pay.
Why not make an offer?

I haven’t really paid close attention to what’s currently for sale and I am curious how many examples you’re finding that meet your requirements and what are the price points? I briefly debated selling mine to fund a more expensive car purchase but after spending time looking at what was for sale I decided that it would be difficult to replace what I have and I would ultimately regret my decision.
Marine Blue is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:35 PM
  #26  
ToasterThief
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 334
Default

Originally Posted by Marine Blue View Post


Why not make an offer?

I haven’t really paid close attention to what’s currently for sale and I am curious how many examples you’re finding that meet your requirements and what are the price points? I briefly debated selling mine to fund a more expensive car purchase but after spending time looking at what was for sale I decided that it would be difficult to replace what I have and I would ultimately regret my decision.
I find it's often a waste of time. I imagine that often times sellers who post their cars at the top of the market aren't serious about selling, but rather post them with the thought that if they find someone willing to pay the price, they'll sell.
ToasterThief is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 09:26 PM
  #27  
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Marine Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 13,714
Default

Originally Posted by ToasterThief View Post
I find it's often a waste of time. I imagine that often times sellers who post their cars at the top of the market aren't serious about selling, but rather post them with the thought that if they find someone willing to pay the price, they'll sell.
If it was a private seller I would agree, but this is a dealer. Do your homework to see if the car has a good history and then make an offer. You have nothing to lose.....except whatever you’re willing to pay.
Marine Blue is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:21 PM
  #28  
JPMD
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JPMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 629
Default

Guys, I purchased the car! Smooth deal. Seems like a really good car.
Will update with more info and pics in the near future.
Really excited to get back into a 987 Spyder.

This will be my 3rd.

First Spyder was a 2011 Arctic Silver, STD black interior with LWB & PDK. This was my first Porsche. Plan was to have an afterwork/weekend car to enjoy and the PDK would allow my wife to enjoy it. Turned out my wife may have driven the car once or twice in 3yrs. I traded the Spyder for a 991.1 GT3 which then got me hooked also on the GT cars lol. Wanting a fun manual car I purchased my 2nd Spyder a perfect example as intended and representing the ethos and true concept a white on STD black, LWB, 6spd, short shifter, PSE with radio and A/C delete. Loved this car but could not do without the A/C in South Florida. Car was sold to a true enthusiest and 987 Spyder superfan which I was happy about. Having owned a few prior he now has my former car and another 987 Spyder. One for each residence with the A/C delete car to be driven in the North.
JPMD is online now  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:34 PM
  #29  
Suicide Jockey
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Suicide Jockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,613
Default

Originally Posted by JPMD View Post
Guys, I purchased the car! . . . . This will be my 3rd. . . .
Big congrats! You sure got a beauty.

There are multiple folks on this forum who have had multiple 987 Spyders, a testament to the car and evidence that once you've found yourself in the Spyder's web, it's tough to untangle yourself!


Suicide Jockey is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 11:20 PM
  #30  
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
n4v4nod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,665
Default

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey View Post
Big congrats! You sure got a beauty.

There are multiple folks on this forum who have had multiple 987 Spyders, a testament to the car and evidence that once you've found yourself in the Spyder's web, it's tough to untangle yourself!
SJ, Ha! So true!

JPMD, congrats on acquiring this beautiful example of a 987.2 Spyder... simply awesome.


n4v4nod is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: