Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

David is buying my Project Spyder lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 12:37 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts
Default David is buying my Project Spyder lol

When I told David he couldn't have the car.. If looks could kill, then I would be dead now.
Then he went home and wrote about a 1000 words about my car!
I knew He wanted it and I knew he loved it even though he said otherwise.

Well, He does love my car and build
He apologized for putting me through His "routine"
AND he is buying the car.

Also I got an Offer from George Gobrial in NYC for more than David offered, he is a great SA, but I'm going to go with David. He says it's a keeper and I feel he is going to put the car out there for people to see and enjoy. Right not it's in the garage.

I've probably put more miles on a Spyder than anyone else here, so please give me a little leeway.

My car was to be in the TImeline at the last get together, but I didn't show up and I feel bad that my feelings about a dealership have made me abandon the community so I'm hoping David will be able to get the car out there for other Porsche Lovers to see and hopefully next time it will be in the timeline.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:44 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

This will probably be my last post being I'm meeting David at the Bank in a couple hours. I just want to say to all genuine Spyder Owners reading this that this was a great ride. A dream come true.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:03 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
This will probably be my last post being I'm meeting David at the Bank in a couple hours. I just want to say to all genuine Spyder Owners reading this that this was a great ride. A dream come true.
David, please post some "before" pics so we can put some images to all of this chatter.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:37 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Congrats to the buyer and seller. Great to hear that it all worked out...
Old 01-17-2019, 07:11 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The weirdest for sale post I've ever seen ends in a sale inside of a week, just like I thought it would. It has been entertaining watching this unfold from afar. As per usual though, price is king. Glad the seller and the buyer reached a deal they both are happy with.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:30 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 246 Posts

What a sh*t show... Bye.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:37 PM
Gdub
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

I have gone and looked at a lot of p cars over forty eight years one thing i have learned is one persons exl condition isn't the same as another person's exl condition meaning what i consider exl. Thing's like not even cleaning it is the wurst. Most thing's wrong you can evaluate pretty quick and figure it is a costly or non costly fix. So after David went to bank got a cashiers check for big bucks then drove three hours all the time being excited about his next great car then is so let down by condition of car because the seller did not point out problems up front all i can say is i was happy he walked. But like some of us in the same position in the past after calming down he still felt the car was worth price they agreed on. I am sure when he sorts it out and cleans it up it will be a very nice spyder. Im happy for him. But that was the weirdest car for sale i or i should say all of us have ever seen. Happy motoring David.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:43 PM
David Robin
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a long hard road, but we made it and both found a transaction we were comfortable with.

I'll make sure to post some pics, before and after... although that could take as much as month as my detail guy is pretty swamped.

Will be in touch.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:53 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by David Robin
It was a long hard road, but we made it and both found a transaction we were comfortable with.

I'll make sure to post some pics, before and after... although that could take as much as month as my detail guy is pretty swamped.

Will be in touch.

These are such great and unique cars as many of us know. Glad you were able to work things out. Can't wait to see your results!
Old 01-18-2019, 01:46 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by David Robin

Will be in touch.
The other thread was pretty entertaining, glad you wound up with the car. Certainly the price can't be beat and with a little $ hopefully you will look back at this as one of the better Spyder deals had.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:38 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Out of curiosity, why didn't the seller of this Spyder get crucified for the antics and statements over the past week? As Arsenio Hall would say... things that make you go hmmmm.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:27 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Good luck to the new owner

Last thread was super weird

OP probably needs medication
Old 01-19-2019, 10:13 AM
Master of Disaster
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This story belongs on @VINWiki Youtube channel. Speaking of, I've never seen that channel mentioned on RL - it's car guy gold.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:19 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

This thread is done.

Quick Reply: David is buying my Project Spyder lol