Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gone, but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 11:14 PM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Gone, but...

Not forgotten ... is my last NA Boxster, my '16 Spyder. Actually traded it last June for a brand new leftover 2017 Targa 4S Exclusive, discounted enough to make an appreciable difference. Although I loved my Spyder (understatement) and had not planned to ever sell it, along came my future wife and I wanted something we and her daughter could enjoy. Then just today I added a brand new leftover 2018 Boxster GTS as the dealer essentially gave it away for $78k plus tax from a MSRP of $97k. Once delivered it'll get driven mostly by my new wife, but I'll enjoy it too. I have only driven a 718 Cayman S to date, and was impressed enough to look for one. My wife finally chose the Boxster (which I concur) and found this new GTS for lower than used '17 Boxster S prices. Look and you shall find. Anyway today are my first posts in nearly a year.

Hope all are doing well. One thing I noticed straight away is the lack of new posts on the 718 forum. I hope that isn't the case with the subforums in general.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:36 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrats on the GTS. Once you get more time behind the wheel, maybe share your driving impressions as compared to your former Spyder.

Welcome back to the mid-engine cars.

Quick Reply: Gone, but...