Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on 2015 & 2016 boxster spyder.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 02:08 PM
KShep
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by George 993s
Question one why do you think there are so many used Spyders for sale with one owner and very low miles could it be a lot rougher ride than expected by new owner or what interested in your take. Question two if you have a spyder with the full bucket seats or sat in one do you sit at the same height as the sport seats. I would assume the full buckets are harder to get in and out of and hold body movement better and the sport seats give a smoother ride ?..
I am lucky to own two Spyders and won't speculate on why folks would sell theirs.. I know I am not selling.
I wish both had LWBs. I feel more secure and at one with the car in the bucket seats. Getting out of the bucket seats requires some technique...I find getting in to be about the same for either. Lumbar support can be solved with a small foam pillow.

Last edited by KShep; 01-17-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:59 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a lot of time in a GT4 with buckets. Hands down the best seats I have ever sat in. The sport seats are great, but having used the buckets, I would not consider either a Spyder or GT4 without them. The car feels so much crisper and alive: one is connected to the chassis in these seats, which is exactly how one should feel in a sportscar.

I have no trouble getting in and out. I turn and face the door (butt toward the center of the car) when exiting and entering, seat all the way back. My outside (door) hand pushes down a bit on the flat seat cushion so I can slide over the bolster. No big deal, and definitely worth it.

Now, if you can't do a pushup to save your life and weigh 300lbs, you may not like the enter and exit routine, but partially holding body weight for a split second while gliding over the bolster shouldn't be an issue for most.

Prices should be reasonable at the moment! A few have sold on here for the high 80's, with really nice builds.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:35 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

the issue for me isn't getting in and out. i find the buckets horribly uncomfortable i their driving position. Which for me is all the way down and relatively forward to the wheel. Keep in mind I have Recaro Pole Positions in 2 of my 5 cars and find them excellent dual duty track/street seat. I had these in a GT4 and really didn't like them at all. The only upside to me on them is slightly better lateral support, but, it's not anything close to a real bucket, and from my experience not better than the 18 way at holding you in the seat. Yes, they have provisions for harnesses.

For a car like the spyder it's the sport seats, either 2 way or 18 way hands down. The buckets look awesome. That's about it for me.

Quick Reply: Question on 2015 & 2016 boxster spyder.