Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Is Having a Porsche Polo Shirts Frown Upon?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 03:00 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ToasterThief
Personally, I try not to wear any clothing with branding, but that's just me. I don't feel the need to advertise anything in particular, but you should do what makes you happy!
The only way to experience the pure joy of driving a Porsche is to drive it without wearing only clothing at all. Not recommended at a DE, just FYI.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:12 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I hate having big Porsche logo or vehicle graphic on the front and prefer a small, chest logo and maybe nothing in the back, but that's just my preference.

+1

I don't wear clothes with big brand logos on them. No matter the brand. I'm not a walking billboard. I have a hoodie like this, but thats as close as I'll come to wearing some identifiable branding on the front or back of shirts.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:23 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

I love my Porsche gear. LOL, the Porsche shop is my favorite clothing store. The staff wear the polos so I can see why that might be weird but who cares.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:59 AM
dr_r2r
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 01-16-2019, 08:18 AM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_r2r
We spent one day at the Ferrari theme park in Barcelona in the summer of 2017. My wife, my son and I went in our Porsche polos or T-shirts.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fined
+1

I don't wear clothes with big brand logos on them. No matter the brand. I'm not a walking billboard. I have a hoodie like this, but thats as close as I'll come to wearing some identifiable branding on the front or back of shirts.

I wore that T-shirt last week!

For me it's perfectly acceptable to wear something branded for your car. If you wear a hat OR shirt OR jacket OR shoes, it's fine. It shows appreciation for a brand. If you wear ALL of those things at the same time I just screams "*******" when I see it. It's not enough that you roll up in the fancy car and those less fortunate get a little jealous. No, you need to make sure everyone within 50 yards knows you own that car. This goes for Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette, McLaren, et al.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:16 AM
cavediver32043
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

Well said Brother!!!!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:40 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Is this full body suit kosher?

Old 01-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

She prefers the clutch in the/her 323Ci to the clutch in the Cayman S.
She won't let me get rid of the Vette she is sitting in.
I need one that says Porsche Today Rascal Tomorrow

As for the OP's question if he was actually serious. I wore the Porsche polo shirt on a PCA cruise to Steamboat this past June. After lunch we went for a walk on the main street. I saw a Mustang, and told my wife I was going to check out the car show. I didn't realize there were over 400 Mustangs of every variety from all over the country http://www.rockymountainmustangroundup.org/ . My buddy had recently purchased a Roush Stage 3 with 1,800 miles to compliment the 944S we shared, his 968, and his Boxster, so I went looking for the Roush corral. After about 8 blocks I found it. I forgot what I was wearing. I spoke to Roush owners and they were as nice as Porsche owners are supposed to be.

I spoke to some other people, and one asked me to take a picture of him and his wife in front of their car. It wasn't till I got back to where we were staying and was changing for the dinner banquet that I realized my shirt said Porsche on the chest, and on the buttons too. By the way, the Roush is insane.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

delete duplicate
Old 01-16-2019, 07:56 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 386 Likes on 275 Posts

Me too for the open shirt old school Carrera sunglasses rope chains and medallions with white loafers .... Life is too short be yourself . Who cares what people think ... I picked up my daughter once in a onesie Pajama...
Old 01-16-2019, 08:01 PM
shus2006croc
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Kooljess
Before I acquired my Porsche CS 2014 (my first ever Porsche)...I saw on YouTube what not to do with your Porsche and one of them was never ever wear a clothing with Porsche in it, unless you work for the dealer or something. Really? Any thoughts on this? Reason being is that I actually created a Polo Shirt for myself that has the word PORSCHE on the chest and silhouette of the Cayman with the Cayman S underneath the silhoutte. Just wanted what everyone's take on this. Will post pictures soon. Thank you.

"It is hard to know what one has lost when one lives their life like a commodity."

Discussion in a bar I had in Monterrey at the last Rennsport about social media. Didn't know if it was the scotch or that it is profoundly true.

Wear your shirt if you like it. Do you really care what is on You Tube?
Old 01-17-2019, 03:25 AM
Kooljess
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like I'm going to wear that shirt until it's old and grungy to all Porsche meets, Cars and Coffee and the upcoming Porsche Experience in Carson next month...February 2nd. See you all there.

Quick Reply: Why Is Having a Porsche Polo Shirts Frown Upon?