Porsche 981 cayman 2014 lost a small plastic to hold together the luggage sunscreen. - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 987 - 981 Forum
Reload this Page >

Porsche 981 cayman 2014 lost a small plastic to hold together the luggage sunscreen.

Notices
987 - 981 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 981 cayman 2014 lost a small plastic to hold together the luggage sunscreen.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:01 AM
rakporsche
New User

Unhappy Porsche 981 cayman 2014 lost a small plastic to hold together the luggage sunscreen.

Hello fellow Porsche lovers,

The other day I lost a small plastic particle that hold together my luggage sunscreen in back of the car.

My dealer wants me to re-order the whole sunscreen part since according to them its not possible to order just the small plastic part.

I hope you guys can point me in the right direction or maybe any of you guys have this part ?

EDIT: after some more research it appears to be part number 98155534100
Does anybody know some source for this part? Maybe second hand?

Thanks in advance.

greetings

Last edited by rakporsche; 01-14-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:54 AM
algiorda
User

Have you tried a salvage company?
Old 01-14-2019, 11:29 AM
TMc993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
Have you tried a salvage company?
Exactly...It'll take some legwork and they're not always the easiest to deal with, but I've had great luck with Porsche-specific dismantlers over the years, especially with small, obscure parts that the Porsche NA seem to think should be priced as if they were made of solid gold.

I Googled "Porsche dismantlers" and several came up. Some have a better reputation than others and there are a lot of people on Porsche sites that hate 'em, but again, if you have the time and tenacity, you can usually come out okay.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:26 PM
rakporsche
New User

Thank you for the excellent advise I will give it a shot fingers crossed
Old 01-15-2019, 01:46 AM
Voyager6
User

I use qualityporscheparts on ebay. Done $20K business with them over the past four years. Same people run partssociety.com. Registered New Mexico dismantler and ship quick and shipping is usually included in their prices. Parts are photoed well, so you usually can see what you are getting. I bought a 3.4L 9A1 engine, CG225 PDK transmission and, for my 14 Boxster repair (Texas flood car), a ton of electronics and interior parts.

Likely have to buy the whole interior lid to get the part, though.

V6
Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 AM
rakporsche
New User

OK I emailed Porsche dismantlers all over the world and the shop voyager 6 suggested.

Lets see hehe
Old 01-15-2019, 02:33 PM
jdavis8361
User

Originally Posted by rakporsche View Post
OK I emailed Porsche dismantlers all over the world and the shop voyager 6 suggested.

Lets see hehe
I've bought a few things from Partssociety.com. They have a complete screen listed here: https://www.partssociety.com/product...r-panel-53-488

The Porsche parts fiche shows only the complete rear cargo cover shade, pn 98755534100.

I may have saved my busted screen and will PM you if I did and if I have just the part you need.

jD

Last edited by jdavis8361; 01-15-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:12 PM
rakporsche
New User

Originally Posted by jdavis8361 View Post
I've bought a few things from Partssociety.com. They have a complete screen listed here: https://www.partssociety.com/product...r-panel-53-488

The Porsche parts fiche shows only the complete rear cargo cover shade, pn 98755534100.

I may have saved my busted screen and will PM you if I did and if I have just the part you need.

jD
That would be amazing!

So far I got replies back from about 8 companies and right now it is looking like I have to buy the whole cover share again.

Somewhere in the world somebody must have this part right hehe ?

Are there any other big porsche forums where I could try ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: