Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Access to passenger side fuse box and vehicle electrical system control unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 12:59 PM
sweinland
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Access to passenger side fuse box and vehicle electrical system control unit

Hi Everybody,
So I'm putting heated seats in my 2011 987.2. I have replaced the climate control unit, and I have replaced the seats with identical ones with heaters installed. I've turned on seat heating with the durametric pro and...."no joy". I will need to run wires from the fuse box in the passenger footwell to the vehicle electrical system control unit on the drivers side (I think it's above the fuse box - but there in are my questions).

1) When I looked at the passenger footwell fuse box it looks to be behind a major AC component of some sort. Does anybody have a shop manual for how to access that specific fuse panel? I need to run wires from there, over the vehicle electric system control unit. Any pictures or diagrams helpful.
2) Next I need to find the Vehicle Electrical System Control Unit. wiring diagram says its under dash on drivers side - but I can't seem to locate it. Does anybody have pictures of what it looks like or how to access it? I'll need to run wires from the VESCU over to terminal 8, 9 and 13 in the yellow seat connector for the heated seats.
3) I may also need to run a line from the climate control unit to the gateway, but I'm not sure about that. As the indicators on the climate control unit light up.

I'm enjoying the tinkering as this project has been a months long one (finding the identical heated, 12 way powered, memory, lumbar, gray, crested, in ok condition, for not too much money) was the hardest part. Running wires for bespoke wiring harnesses is the hardest part by far - mainly because I can't locate the components or they are behind a mountain of other engineering and barriers to access.

Many Thanks,
Stephan

Quick Reply: Access to passenger side fuse box and vehicle electrical system control unit