Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's it worth

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 02:03 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Code
Values from NADA seen below. This is for a base spec Spyder. Add the resale value of the PCCBs /Sprot Chrono /buckets etc on top of that. I would say rough estimate is $55k to a private party who values the spec.

Using online valuations for a Spyder is unfortunately very misleading. While some Spyders may trade hands at these prices and many dealers will offer this amount as a trade in I have personally seen at least a dozen Spyders trade at prices between the high 50’s and low 70’s in the last 18 months depending on specification, mileage and condition. These sales don’t get recorded publicly so these valuations do not have them as a point of reference and thus you get these low numbers. Options such as navigation are also not valued to most of the Spyder buyers looking for a lightweight spec and manual cars often trade hands at higher prices so again it’s misleading.

With only 850 Spyders produced for the US and less than 2000 globally these are not common cars and sadly attrition has also reduced their availability. Another note to consider, many of the dealer listed cars are not in the greatest condition, I’ve seen pictures of several that are in rough shape and will require $$$ to restore. Again much of this is not captured in these online valuation tools.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:21 PM
venom51
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt

The gauge
Smartest mod ever put in one.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:15 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt