Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline Wire Mesh Kit - Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 10:54 AM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Rennline Wire Mesh Kit - Review

I installed this over the holiday. The two front sides and the center (I have the center radiator). I really like it. I'm not sure why these cars didn't come this way from the factory. I would post pictures but for some reason I can't seem to post pictures to this forum anymore (it hangs up every time). Oh well.

The instructions on the website in the Rennline video were good all except 1 thing. The #$&% fog light electrical connector in the front of each wheel well. In the video, they pop those suckers off in about 10 seconds. The guys in the video must have hands the size of small children. I swear it took me about the same amount of time to un-clip and then re-clip those connectors as it did for me to do all the rest of the work (which was pretty simple and quick). With the exception of the aforementioned clips created by the devil himself, the front nose is quick and easy to remove. It's silly to consider another kit that doesn't require the removal of the nose. It just doesn't take much time.

Big thumbs up to Rennline on the kit.

Last edited by mts; 12-27-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:52 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

to add photos:

click on the little MOUNTAIN ICON. .

then select BROWSE YOUR DEVICE and select the photo you want to add.

Then select UPLOAD - you should see a preview of the photo you selected.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:58 PM
mts
Rennlist Member

Yes, that's what I try to do to upload a photo. The photos will load in, but when I hit the upload button in the final step it does nothing (it used to work). I may try a different computer later.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:13 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by mts
Yes, that's what I try to do to upload a photo. The photos will load in, but when I hit the upload button in the final step it does nothing (it used to work). I may try a different computer later.
The instructions i posted above work from my iPad. I haven’t tried to upload images from a computer.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:08 PM
Zach L
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 269 Posts

I had the same trouble recently ...the photos would upload just fine into the uploader tool, but they never actually inserted in-line as the tool says they would.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:59 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by mts
Originally Posted by Zach L
I had the same trouble recently ...the photos would upload just fine into the uploader tool, but they never actually inserted in-line as the tool says they would.
It could be that your images are too large to upload. I had the same problem until I discovered that when I had taken the photos I was attempting to post, I had my phone set for the largest sized image and fine resolution. When I reduced the size of the image, it uploaded and posted with no problem.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:53 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 607 Likes on 416 Posts

I have the Rennline radiator intake screens on my BS, including for the center radiator I added. I only wish they came in stainless steel with no paint or powder coat.....

The powder coat will chip off with road dust/gravel impact. And I think I'd like the stainless look better.

I have the parking distance sensors, and to get a good fit I had to do a fair amount of trimming around the holes Rennline provided for them.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:05 AM
mts
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by okie981
I have the Rennline radiator intake screens on my BS, including for the center radiator I added. I only wish they came in stainless steel with no paint or powder coat.....

The powder coat will chip off with road dust/gravel impact. And I think I'd like the stainless look better.

I have the parking distance sensors, and to get a good fit I had to do a fair amount of trimming around the holes Rennline provided for them.
You can hit the screens with some black plasti-dip and that will largely eliminate chipping from debris.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:43 AM
IMPorsche
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

wrong thread, delete

Quick Reply: Rennline Wire Mesh Kit - Review