Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 BB electrical issue - need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Jbier
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 987 BB electrical issue - need help

Hello all, ever since I bought my Boxster Base the spoiler button would not work but the spoiler would deploy properly at speed. I decided to do some digging and found the PCB for the controller border in the center console had to Mark's on the wire from the metal co tact pad where the button bridges the two wires and the actual metal prongs that plug into the wiring harness. So I decided to bridge the connections and the light for the spoiler illuminated but nothing happened. So I went around and bridged the other connection for the PSM and it worked fine. Well this morning i took another shot at trying to figure out the issue and I accidentally bridged some top two connections and the spoiler went up, but then I got a spoiler malfunctioning light and a system fault warning message. I went to turn the vehicle on and it wont let me shift out of park. So, I went to the spoiler, disconnected the wiring connection and supplied 12v directly to the spoiler to make it go down and reconnected the wiring harness. Theb I went and put the vehicle in the ON position and the spoiler went back up automatically and I still received both messages and still cant shift out of park. I have checked every fuse and none seem to be tripped. Please, if you have any knowledge regarding this I need to know ASAP because this is my DD. Any and all help is appreciated!

EDIT: It was simply a popped fuse that I overlooked and everything is fine, but now I am wondering why my spoiler still wont deploy via the connections on the center console wiring harness that plugs into the psm and spoiler pcb.

EDIT 2: PCB controller had obstructions in the lines specifically for the spoiler. Bought a replacement and works as OEM. IDK how to delete this post.

Last edited by Jbier; 01-03-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 987 BB electrical issue - need help