Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

New to me Spyder update and Mods + Love!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts
Default New to me Spyder update and Mods + Love!

Ok - Sounds weird but love the shape on this thing!!

Because i am OCD and love the washing process (and i find it somehow therapeutic) - I gotta say it is almost as good as washing the 993TT with the curves etc.

Love the rear end with no badges (even though I ordered a new one from Sunset) and the way the Soul Pipes tie in with the silver highlights. (And I'm a sucker for chrome/stainless tips)

Exterior updates done (i think) for now. Interior still in process.....

Exhaust Mod - Good God - this sounds amazing with a good exhaust.
Soul PP X pipe and tips.
Debadge
Alignment
New Wheels.

I gotta say the more i drive it the more i love it. Bought it on a bit of a whim - now will be a permanent addition.

Pics:

Last edited by Full Boost; 12-21-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:52 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Wicked. It's hard to beat the stock Spyder wheels but those look bang on the money. Nice job!

Now to drop some weight...
1. Battery
2. PCM removal
3. A/C?
4. Passenger seat?

P.s. and yes... the Spyder grows on you, doesn't it? And you mention the 993 turbo? I have a 993 C2S. Gotta love those hips...
Old 12-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Space Coast GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Gorgeous! I agree with you as I generally de-badge the rear bumper on my Porsche's too. However on the GT4 I had BumperPlugs.com paint (the GT4) the same color as the car. I feel it really makes the badge blend nicely.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:26 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Wicked. It's hard to beat the stock Spyder wheels but those look bang on the money. Nice job!

Now to drop some weight...
1. Battery
2. PCM removal
3. A/C?
4. Passenger seat?

P.s. and yes... the Spyder grows on you, doesn't it? And you mention the 993 turbo? I have a 993 C2S. Gotta love those hips...
Thanks!

Still need some black bolt covers to finish the wheels off - but i wanted to tie in the sliver and black. These are forged and not much heavier than stock - These are my street wheels - the stock will be used for the occasional track day - maybe.......
I am a self confessed Wheel ***** - amongst others I have 2 sets for a car I haven't bought yet... and a set on the way for another car that is still not yet delivered..... yes I am sick, But i don't care.

As for losing weight - the first thing that needs to go is my fat A$$.... PCM , AC and seat will stay.

Simon
Old 12-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice, Simon! And your pictures show that amazing downward-sloping line on the 987 side windows that is undeniably a thing of beauty (and something which Zeus does not hesitate to point out to 981 Spyder owners at every opportunity!).

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Love . . . the way the Soul Pipes tie in with the silver highlights. (And I'm a sucker for chrome/stainless tips)
+1 on the silver tips! They stand out whereas black tips can often get lost in the diffuser.

I always say, "If you're proud of your tips, don't be afraid to show 'em!"

Black tips:

Silver and black side-by-side:

Silver tips was one of the few options I did not labor over when contemplating my build.

Quick Reply: New to me Spyder update and Mods + Love!