Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a 2015 GTS - What accessories, toolkits ..etc should come with the car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Kayman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Buying a 2015 GTS - What accessories, toolkits ..etc should come with the car?

I might be buying a GTS 2015/2016 in a few days. What should I expect from the dealer with the car - I am looking at private party, CPO and 3rd party dealer. Since this is my first Porsche, I don't know all the trinkets that should come with the car.

2 keys
Manual
first aid kit?

What else ...
Old 12-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

If it’s a US car it won’t have a first aid kit.

You should receive a wheel lock tool, tow hook, tire sealant and an air pump all of which would be located in the frunk.

I’m not sure what other tools the 981 came with, hopefully another owner will chime in.

Good luck with the purchase.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Definitely 2 keys as replacements are EXPENSIVE, manuals, took kit ( which is just some cheap miscellaneous stuff ), tow hook is pretty importan, compressor.

Included with the manual is the service booklet - if the car was dealer serviced it should be stamped.

Here’s a pic of the items mentioned you Marine Blue. Check to see if the tire sealant hasn’t expired, IIRC it’s good for 2 years.

Good luck in your pending purchase chase and make sure all of the annual services are up to date - ask for service records.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:44 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Good info in the responses above.

Some other things to consider asking for and making sure you get:

1. If not provided, I would ask for the completed and signed CPO checklist (see attached).

2. I always ask the dealer for a discount at the time of the car's purchase on the following accessories (which are items you might eventually want or are simply nice to have), because you're never in a stronger position to negotiate a great discount on parts than at the time when you're actually buying the car:

Porsche battery charger - $126
Porsche Indoor cover - $314
Porsche Keychain - $25
Porsche Touch-up paint - $26
Clear side markers - should be thrown in free by dealer (be sure you get your amber ones back)
Porsche UVS windshield sun shade - $60
Porsche Valve stem caps - $16
Porsche License plate frames - $45/each
Extra set of Porsche floor mats - $101
Porsche frunk liner - $209
+ Whatever other accessories you think you'd like to have!

Prices above were approx. MSRP when I bought my car in 2016 and I got a decent discount simply by asking at the time of purchasing the vehicle. This is about $800 worth of stuff at list price and I saved several hundred. YMMV.

3. By all means, ask for and get the original window sticker if available.

4. Have the dealer pay for, and order for you, a Porsche Production Specification certificate (formerly Certificate of Authenticity):

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...leinformation/

See attached order form. It's nice to have for your car and serves as a worthy piece of documentation on your vehicle. Don't spend the $110. Most dealers will pay for it if you're buying a car from them.

5. Get the dealer to track down a hardcopy brochure for you. If it's a 2015/16 model, they should be able to put their hands on one. Always good to have the original brochure as a part of your car's documentation.

6. Have the dealer check on recalls and service bulletins to make sure there aren't any new/last minute outstanding campaigns.

7. Below is an admittedly poor pic of all the booklets, manuals, inserts, etc., that came with my 2016 car so yours should have most/all of these (allowing for differences, of course, in the model):

Owner's manual
Maintenance booklet
Quick Start Guide
Roadside Assistance
Pirelli Tire Warranty (if so equipped)
Emissions Parts Warranty
Etc., et al.

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Porsche CPO Checklist.pdf (579.7 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by Suicide Jockey; 12-12-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:18 AM
Kayman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you all so much for the info! Much appreciated!

Quick Reply: Buying a 2015 GTS - What accessories, toolkits ..etc should come with the car?