Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT Silver Spyder on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 02:34 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,840 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I’m considering selling mine. It’s not getting enough wheel time. 5 sports cars at the moment. I’ve reached peak car. Exceeded actually. It is the most capable. But maybe not the most get under my skin car. Not sure...
Old 01-14-2019, 12:34 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Are you looking? That's my exact car.
Not really. But then I'm never really looking and then I always end up buying.

You selling? If so, pm me with the details and we'll see what happens.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:52 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I’m considering selling mine. It’s not getting enough wheel time. 5 sports cars at the moment. I’ve reached peak car. Exceeded actually. It is the most capable. But maybe not the most get under my skin car. Not sure...
Sounds like me and Jeeps! Too many cars not enough time...or parking.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:18 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

My wife and I have four cars. She was recently transferred and now walks 1/2 mile to work. I take the train to work most days. I’ve been thinking about downsizing the corral. The Lexus and the 911 would go long before I’d ever consider selling the Spyder. In spite of it being mostly a weekend driver, those drives are so enthralling that I can’t envision selling just for lack of drive time. I’d advise any Spyder owner to think long and hard before selling this special car.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:17 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Slightly OT, but "being a people person" does nothing to guarantee a good car or a smooth sale. Tversky and Kahneman would likely argue that liking someone and "going with your gut" can get you into trouble.

The last car I bought here was not at all as described, and was the only car I have bought here without a PPI. The car was filthy, and I mean filthy. Spilled soft drinks, dog hair, dried up yogurt containers....the car itself came out fairly clean in the end, after a massive detail bill, but the seller posts here a lot, is a well-respected professional, and it meant absolutely nothing when it came to his description not matching reality.

With that said, I certainly would want to know more before I put money down on the car being described here. It sounded too good to be true!

Quick Reply: GT Silver Spyder on ebay...