Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Icarsoft Por ii not allowing 981 as choice

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 08:03 AM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Icarsoft Por ii not allowing 981 as choice

Has anybody had an issue with the Icarsoft Por ii not showing a Boxster as a choice when selecting a vehicle for diagnosis? I have a new unit which has a 2017 software update and cannot reset an oil change light on a 2014 981. It only lists a 911 Carrera as a vehicle choice when connecting to the car. I don’t believe the software needs updating on the Por ii and unfortunately don’t have a Windows PC to do so, only Mac. I just don’t have the nerve to select 911 Carrera as a choice when resetting the Boxster as I don’t wish to cause issues. Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:27 PM
ICNU
Pro

Received 401 Likes on 244 Posts

I had this exact issue the first time I used mine, but it's no worry. There is a choice in one of the prior menus to either set manually or auto and the choice you make there will determine if you see only the 911 or others cars including the 981. I cannot recall exactly which choice I made first to get me in the same situation you are in, but go back and choose the other and you will see the 981. I want to say its the auto that you must use, but I could be remembering things incorrectly.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICNU
I had this exact issue the first time I used mine, but it's no worry. There is a choice in one of the prior menus to either set manually or auto and the choice you make there will determine if you see only the 911 or others cars including the 981. I cannot recall exactly which choice I made first to get me in the same situation you are in, but go back and choose the other and you will see the 981. I want to say its the auto that you must use, but I could be remembering things incorrectly.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Icarsoft Por ii not allowing 981 as choice