Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSM failure (wrong vehicle coding)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 05:28 AM
Mr.White
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PSM failure (wrong vehicle coding)

Hi.
A friend of me is driving a 987 Boxster (non S). It has a permanent PSM failure that canīt be deleted with PIWIS I, II oder III (directly turns up again). First we thought this had something to do with battery or re-calibration of the steering wheel unit, but after looking deeper, thereīs also a failure "wrong vehicle coding" that cannot be deleted too. Anyway we didnīt find a solution for months now.
We re-coded with PIWIS I and II in all kind of ways that make sense and also changed the gateway unit. Nothing could solve the problem so far. Our local official Porsche dealer also tried to re-code the car with PIWIS III and tried so search for the failure, but finally said he couldnīt help, because he has never seen this before in that kind of way (PSM failure connected to a wrong vehicle coding). Interestingly he said that the car is coded to a S even if itīs a non S. But he couldnīt change it back to non S. I donīt know what the previous owner had done to the car, but maybe someone of you knows a solution or can give us a hint? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-07-2019, 10:34 PM
VII7
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

The PSM might have been replaced by PO and it is not a compatible part to that vehicle.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:14 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The Vin for that part might need to be recoded to the vehicle if replaced.
Old 11-04-2023, 06:26 AM
Ian Parker
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem help

Just wondering if you were able to find a solution

Quick Reply: PSM failure (wrong vehicle coding)