Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about the upcoming new Supra compared to a Cayman?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:12 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

All this talk of a Supra on a Porsche forum? LOL! Would you guys REALLY swap brands? Myself, I just drove a McLaren 570GT and a Ferrari 458 and am right back where I started with Porsche. There's something very RIGHT about these cars.

Just sayin'...
Old 09-25-2018, 01:19 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
All this talk of a Supra on a Porsche forum? LOL! Would you guys REALLY swap brands? Myself, I just drove a McLaren 570GT and a Ferrari 458 and am right back where I started with Porsche. There's something very RIGHT about these cars.

Just sayin'...
The new Supra is essentially engineered by BMW and it's going to be made at the Steyr Magna plant in Austria like the Z4. If you're not looking at the Z4 you're not going to look at a Supra.

And wake me up when BMW decide to make real sports cars again.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:32 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993

Just sayin'...
Maybe it is nostalgia, but I am a fan. Always been a fan of the RX-7, NSX, MKIV Supra and R32 Skyline. No, I'm not at all likely to make a switch, but the article I read made it clear the Cayman was sort of their target/benchmark, so I was curious what others have heard or thought. Yes, an FR-S/BRZ type collab with BMW would be disappointing. If this is a rebadged Z4, I'm not interested in the slightest. It is said the departure from the Z4 is way more substantial than originally thought though.

Quick Reply: How about the upcoming new Supra compared to a Cayman?