Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Cat-back Sport Exhaust P0300 Code Thrown?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 07:47 PM
LGK-SD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargraphic Cat-back Sport Exhaust P0300 Code Thrown?

As many know, the Cargraphic product is pretty high quality. Previous to installing a new Sport cat-back system, there were no codes that were triggered on my '06 Cayman S. Actually from stock, the interim system was the Milltek product. No codes thrown. Cargraphic claims that there should be no alerts when using their product. In my case, there is. Once experiencing that a P0300 (random cylinder misfire) code comes up, I emailed them. No response thus far but I'm sure I will get one. First time the code popped up, I had it checked out by our main Porsche dealer. They said it's just random, reset it and all was good. A couple weeks later it popped up again. I find that especially if the car sits for say more than a week. This time once again, same P0300 code, and I cleared it with my OBDII scanner. Annoying more than anything. Car is in very good mechanical condition with 29k miles.

Any similar experiences?

Last edited by LGK-SD; 09-18-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:36 PM
ALE
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

It might be your coil packs.
Great looking exhaust.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 AM
LGK-SD
Intermediate

Thanks ALE. Yeah so I changed the coil packs (Beru's) and correct spec plugs out about 300 miles before the Cargraphic went on.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:25 AM
mjdavis
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Great timing, I actually installed Cargraphic Cup cat-back on my 987.2 a couple weeks ago (actually, a shop did it for me after I snapped off 4 of the 6 flange bolts...). Assuming the design is basically the same for 987.1 and 987.2 (I think it is), that means that all the O2 sensors are in front of the Cargraphic system, so the car literally has no idea of what's going on behind the post-cat sensor. I know it's rare to replace a part, then have an issue that's not related to that recent change, but it can happen. How's your oil consumption...?
Old 09-18-2018, 10:33 AM
LGK-SD
Intermediate

Oil consumption has never been an issue on this car. And I understand what you're describing regarding the sensors. I am going to check in with Wright Motorsports (IMSA folks) who I just discovered is right up the road from me to see what they say.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Cat-back Sport Exhaust P0300 Code Thrown?