Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New & First time Porsche Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 09:05 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow New & First time Porsche Owner

Hello fellow members , I wanted to hold off on posting till my car arrives sometimes next week but i figured screw it and introduce my self, I own several nice cars but mainly i am a GT-R Fanboy. FBO Ecutek Tuned Phase 7 with Ben Linney. i am still enjoying and modding the heck out of it. as for my new Porsche on its way. Its a 2015 Cayman S PDK 11k miles with some GTS upgrades ( i will daily it ) i guess.
the previous owner seemed to try to transfer some things over making it look really nice. prior to this i had no clue or cared about Porsche, my doctor owned a GT2 & GT3 RS and now he rides a 458 and F12berlinetta in his garage. i always loved his GT2 look, but i never knew its value, or tell the difference between any Porsche models except my brothers 12 Cayman and random boxters i always see. So i saw this car and for some reason i said hmmm let me dig a bit and watch some Porsche videos for once.....and the more i watched the more i liked. i was sold after few hours of research and now im more exited for this car to arrive, i wired the dealer the money the second day. and im on "Flat 6 website with 8k of mods in my cart already. ill list some pics of my previous cars i own and finally the car, im open for advice and anything you can offer to better improve this car. as many upgrades will come.
Name:  Fnmkl8y.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  1.56 MB
Name:  Eie9b6I.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  2.47 MB

Miata NC SC
Name:  nHzFNfb.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  271.5 KB
Name:  UVkrBdC.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  233.3 KB

Daily Q50s
Name:  xS3o3di.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  135.5 KB

Pictures are not as clear as i want them though, once it arrives will list more.
Division: PCNA
Sales Commission #: 0
Prod Month: 2015-05-01
Price: $81,385.00
Exterior: Dark Blue Metallic
Interior: Leather Package in Agate Grey/Pebble Grey
BASE - Cayman S
250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
423 - 20" Carrera S Wheels
446 - Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
541 - Seat ventilation
603 - Bi-Xenon™ Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
638 - ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
639 - Sport Chrono Package
840 - SportDesign steering wheel
980 - Leather Package
N4 - Dark Blue Metallic
P06 - Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P27 - CDR Plus audio system
P9B - Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
PV - Leather Package in Agate Grey/Pebble Grey

Name:  mnWBofa.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  2.83 MB
Name:  vnx0JPV.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  98.4 KB
Name:  hrLdrfH.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  2.40 MB
Name:  ulfohIT.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  113.2 KB
Name:  i7kJMvl.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  2.00 MB
Name:  NAooH4d.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  2.69 MB

Last edited by Jacob Sami; 11-18-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Congrats on the Cayman and welcome to Rennlist!

Honestly my best advice would be to spend some of the hard earned cash on a driver education, either in your new 981 or a Porsche driving experience. That knowledge will help you immensely with understanding the capabilities and deficiencies of your new Cayman. That experience will help with deciding what modifications and changes you should start with.

Enjoy in good health and looking forward to seeing pictures after you get her....
Old 09-16-2018, 09:51 PM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Congrats on the Cayman and welcome to Rennlist!

Honestly my best advice would be to spend some of the hard earned cash on a driver education, either in your new 981 or a Porsche driving experience. That knowledge will help you immensely with understanding the capabilities and deficiencies of your new Cayman. That experience will help with deciding what modifications and changes you should start with.

Enjoy in good health and looking forward to seeing pictures after you get her....
Spoken so well, Never driven Porsche besides a Cayenne before, I will be enlisting in Nola Motorsport soon as another member pointed out. i always heard once you drive a Porsche "911" you never go back. i don't know how true that is but all i see is smiles when i see a review or watch local people driving theirs. so i hope it comes out right.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:16 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacob Sami
Spoken so well, Never driven Porsche besides a Cayenne before, I will be enlisting in Nola Motorsport soon as another member pointed out. i always heard once you drive a Porsche "911" you never go back. i don't know how true that is but all i see is smiles when i see a review or watch local people driving theirs. so i hope it comes out right.

+1 on modify the nut behind the wheel before modding anything else. Not true about once you’ve driven a 911 you never go back. After 20 years of 911 ownership, I bought an 02 Boxster S about 10 years ago, and since then a Boxster Spyder. Mid engine rocks. You’ve chosen the best chassis in that Cayman. Congrats and welcome to Porsche ownership.

BTW, I recently added an 05 911 to my garage, so yea, the 911is sort of addictive. :-)

your Cayman will probably seem slow off the line compared to your GTR beast. But once you find the twisties....
Old 09-17-2018, 08:53 AM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Excellent color choice on the Cayman. You have a nice stable of cars! I even like the modded Q50. My Cayman is the slowest sports car I've owned in over a decade (and I had two other 911s, including a Turbo) and it is the most fun. I kind of got tired of high horsepowered cars that I could never use. The Cayman is tons of fun even at legal speeds, which is more useful. I am sure you'll find it to be a joy to own.

I would also do some research before you drop $8k on mods. Not trying to take sales away from Flat-6, but just know this car is not something you can make a lot faster with engine mods, so be sure you have your goals clear as to what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:08 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Love the GTR!

I recently bought my Boxster and while the GTR was on my list of considered cars, I found the Boxster to be a lot more fun to drive.
Power is great, but mid engine handling makes me smile. Definitely take it out to some events and toss it around to see what it can do. MR is a very different driving experience and I think you'll find this car to be a fun and unique addition to your garage.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Jacob Sami
Instructor

Thanks Guys for the Heads up! Yeah Im pushing around 700whp on that beast ( Gojira ) and its very difficult to drive it in the streets no doubt, you do a pull and all of a sudden your at the end of the road at a red light or behind someones tail. i have to take it out on longer stretch roads with little to no traffic. I love this" modify the nut behind the wheel" a while back i spoke with some Nissan engineers on their early make of CVT transmissions on certain model cars failing like the early Murano 09-12 , early altimas and some maximas , and they said that its not the design as 80% of failures are caused by the drivers not knowing how to drive lol, they had to improve to accommodate the driver old habits of driving to make it work as they defended their design. lesson is. fix the driver! im running out of garage space im going to need a lift as im planning on adding a Supra/NSX to the mix once i find the right ones! and yes i managed to resist the temptation to mod for now till i get it and see how it feels and what it needs. awesome people awesome forum!

Quick Reply: New & First time Porsche Owner