Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking at buying 2014 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 01:42 PM
repguyMN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default looking at buying 2014 Cayman S

Hello,
So I am investigating 2014 Cayman S as possible replacement for my 92 964. Sold the 964 so currently P-car-less and it doesn't feel good
Not all that many for sale on Rennlist which I would prefer to deal with first. I see others listed with some options I was not familiar with so I wanted to check here for some guidance.
What is LE option?
If you go manual with Sport Chrono Plus do you automatically get the rev-matching?
Are 90% of the 2014s black? No offense to black as it is a pretty mean looking color but just not my thing.
I would like to get PSE but not many seem to have chosen this option? I want to hear the growl!!
Anyone selling a well optioned S? I am open to PDK or Manual.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-11-2018, 01:47 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

SC does include rev matching on manuals. Most are silvers and gray, although I think 3rd most common is black (yellow is fastest though, if you want to make sure you get the fastest one). PSE is a relatively easy retrofit if you're okay with running a third party valve controller and using the homelink buttons to change valves, or the dealer can make it like OEM.

I'd sell anything for the right price, but not looking to sell my well optioned S
Old 09-11-2018, 01:55 PM
repguyMN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheAddict
SC does include rev matching on manuals. Most are silvers and gray, although I think 3rd most common is black (yellow is fastest though, if you want to make sure you get the fastest one). PSE is a relatively easy retrofit if you're okay with running a third party valve controller and using the homelink buttons to change valves, or the dealer can make it like OEM.

I'd sell anything for the right price, but not looking to sell my well optioned S
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like a fast S in your photo!
I have seen some locally (2 to be exact) in Agate which is a nice color but they do not have much in the way of options. One has "launch" addition which I found out is just a different steering wheel for the "launch" of the 2014 model year.
I am not against the 3rd party PSE. What is the general cost?
Old 09-11-2018, 02:15 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by repguyMN
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like a fast S in your photo!
I have seen some locally (2 to be exact) in Agate which is a nice color but they do not have much in the way of options. One has "launch" addition which I found out is just a different steering wheel for the "launch" of the 2014 model year.
I am not against the 3rd party PSE. What is the general cost?
Thanks!

PSE is $2,700 in parts or less used. third party controller is only like $150 I think, got mine used. I installed myself. If you can't or won't install yourself, you can expect to pay $600-$1,200 in labor to a dealer. So it can be a pretty penny if you buy new and go full OEM with a dealer. My all-in cost was like $1,500 I think.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:17 PM
bminingham
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Sport Chrono and Sport Exhaust are a must in my opinion. The X73 suspension is sublime, but finding all 3 will not be easy. Use Porsche.com CPO search tool as well, that's how I found mine.

Quick Reply: looking at buying 2014 Cayman S