Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my 2016 981S

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are numerous threads on the 991 GT** Board that discuss value, allocations, depreciation, investment return, options, dealer ratings, etc. At the end of the day, it all boils down to buying the car you can afford and DRIVE it.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:00 PM
BTP10
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

2 weeks in and I can't help but keep smiling at her. Couldn't be happier with the GT silver. Its amazing how hard it is to keep the revs under 4k....

Old 09-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BTP10
2 weeks in and I can't help but keep smiling at her. Couldn't be happier with the GT silver. Its amazing how hard it is to keep the revs under 4k....

GT Silver is a great color. Brian, careful with the parking block!! You'll kick yourself if you scratch it up.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:41 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Brian, careful with the parking block!! You'll kick yourself if you scratch it up.
Daddy just can't let go. We understand.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by BTP10
2 weeks in and I can't help but keep smiling at her. Couldn't be happier with the GT silver.
Always thought there was a beauty, simplicity and combined elegance/sportiness to a silver Boxster. Such great lines on the car which silver captures like no other color. I get how it's boring to some/many ("Not another silver Porsche! Ugh") and I'm someone who really LOVES bright, wild colors, particularly on sports cars, but silver to me has always seem "right" for this car harkening back as it does to the Spyders of old whose lines and lineage can be seen in the modern Boxster. Everyone talks about the 911 and its undeniable evolutionary design, which is apparent over the car's several generations, but I find equally evolutionary the design of the modern Boxsters, which can be traced to those amazing silver 550 and 718's of yesteryear. I will never tire of seeing a silver Boxster.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Masergss
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love it and agree whole heartedly! Love my white and red but classic silver and red was my first choice. Thanks for sharing, great pics!
Old 09-06-2018, 11:19 AM
storii
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Always thought there was a beauty, simplicity and combined elegance/sportiness to a silver Boxster. Such great lines on the car which silver captures like no other color. I get how it's boring to some/many ("Not another silver Porsche! Ugh") and I'm someone who really LOVES bright, wild colors, particularly on sports cars, but silver to me has always seem "right" for this car harkening back as it does to the Spyders of old whose lines and lineage can be seen in the modern Boxster. Everyone talks about the 911 and its undeniable evolutionary design, which is apparent over the car's several generations, but I find equally evolutionary the design of the modern Boxsters, which can be traced to those amazing silver 550 and 718's of yesteryear. I will never tire of seeing a silver Boxster.
I usually avoid black/gray/silver cars but must agree silver Boxsters are exceptions. Thanks for the beautiful photos!
Old 09-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Daddy just can't let go. We understand.
LOL. Actually, when I ordered mine back in 2016, I tried to get GT Silver over red full leather. But, since it was so late in the production schedule, Melissa (folks remember her I'm sure) wouldn't put it through. Said I had a choice of Black or Agate. Period. So my decision was easy - went with black and wasn't unhappy with color choice.

Quick Reply: Sold my 2016 981S