Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

987 Spyder original owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 63A 981510
Although not the original owner (I’m the third)... might as well be with only 935 miles on the clock at purchase. Love this thing for so many reasons! Hard to believe I’m on my 5th 987.2 Spyder.

Fifth time's the charm! Congrats!
Originally Posted by jaci
I am the original owner, 2011 Spyder purchased at Stoddards delivered April 2010, factory order. Special color cream white with lightweight buckets,manual, red leather, sport exhaust, black Spyder wheels and A/C delete, cup holder and model designation delete. Only 3400 miles.
Beauty, jaci! A lightweight special

Originally Posted by Gravs
This is my new favourite thread. Sadly 981 version owner but I'd LOVE to try one. Any UK owners like to swap for a day?
I wholeheartedly recommend 981 Spyder owners getting behind the wheel of a 987 if they have the opportunity. It will put a huge smile on your face (for reasons which you might not have anticipated)

Old 08-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,282 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by jaci

Cream white with Red, LWB. This is the day I picked it up at Stoddard Porsche.
Wow Jaci - that is a truly exceptional Spyder. You must have close to, if not, the only one in that combination. Super nice and thanks for posting it!

P.s. Mine too belongs in the light-weight camp of A/C, Cup holder, and Headlight Washer delete. I swear it's faster!
Old 08-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Although not the original owner (I’m the third)... might as well be with only 935 miles on the clock at purchase. Love this thing for so many reasons! Hard to believe I’m on my 5th 987.2 Spyder.

Donavan - this is EXCEPTIONAL and I LOVE the White on tan interior, with the alcantara inserts etc... Love to see a detail pic of the interior. Please post if you have one. And with a mere 935 miles on it? Crazy.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:08 PM
jaci
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Jaci please post up some pics of your Spyder, it sounds awesome. I seriously debated getting cream white with black full leather and black wheels, it looked awesome in the configurator.
I wish we could have the configurator back for just one day. I spent so much time on it. My second choice was ice blue but only available in Canada.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:48 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Seriously, they had ice blue in Canada Hearing that makes me furious, I sent several emails to the local dealers and even the zone rep asking for PTS or a lighter shade of blue for the Spyder. Knowing they had ice blue available elsewhere is beyond frustrating. In the end Basalt was the only other color from the choices they gave us that really spoke to me.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:05 PM
jaci
Intermediate

Seriously, they had ice blue in Canada Hearing that makes me furious, I sent several emails to the local dealers and even the zone rep asking for PTS or a lighter shade of blue for the Spyder. Knowing they had ice blue available elsewhere is beyond frustrating. In the end Basalt was the only other color from the choices they gave us that really spoke to me.
Yes, it’s true and it was not a special color. It was metallic paint. I built it several times with black wheels and the original Spyder wheels. If work wouldn’t have been so crazy at the time I would’ve ordered it in Canada, but I have no regrets on my order. Somewhere, maybe I actually have a picture I printed from the configurator .
Old 08-25-2018, 07:48 PM
jaci
Intermediate

Yes, it’s true and it was not a special color. It was metallic paint. I built it several times with black wheels and the original Spyder wheels. If work wouldn’t have been so crazy at the time I would’ve ordered it in Canada, but I have no regrets on my order. Somewhere, maybe I actually have a picture I printed from the configurator. Basalt was my second choice,it’s an awesome color.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:12 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,725 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Donavan - this is

EXCEPTIONAL and I LOVE the White on tan interior, with the alcantara inserts etc... Love to see a detail pic of the interior. Please post if you have one. And with a mere 935 miles on it? Crazy.
oops... forgot to reply to this

Last edited by n4v4nod; 09-20-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

oops... forgot to reply to this

Super nice. And a mere 3 digits on the odometer. Crazy. Still must have the new car smell...

Quick Reply: 987 Spyder original owners