Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to get iPod / iPhone 5 to play music??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 08:40 PM
opmope
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get iPod / iPhone 5 to play music??

Hello all. New to the Porsche world.Hoping someone will be able to help?I have searched and searched all Porsche forums and read bits an piece but knothing relating to my problem.
I have tried different things and nothing seems to work. Can't believe a $74,000 car when new is this hard to figure out how to play music through my PCM.
I have a 2012 Cayman S with Nav and PCM 3. In my arm rest are the interface Aux, USB, and iPod ports. I have the OEM Porsche cable that plugs into the iPod and USB ports. I plug the cord into both the USB and iPod and then the 30 pin connector into my iPod. iPod says connected and charging. But when I go into source it only shows Am Fm Sat and disc. No Aux, USB or iPod. I have both the music playing in the back ground.
I go to Disc with disc in or no disc and still no Aux, USB or iPod.
No music playing. I read somewhere to go into PCM's sub setting to enable or disable iPod??? Don't know how to do this.
When I hook up my iPhone 5 with the same cord and adaptor, the 30 pin to the lightening adaptor for the iPhone 5, same results. And yes my iPhone adapter are all Apple OEM cables. Connected but no music playing either.
Phone works as it should with Bluetooth to send and receive calls but no music. I know it won't play music through BT. That I understand but why can't I get either iPhone or iPod to play music with the OEM Porsche cable.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Quick Reply: How to get iPod / iPhone 5 to play music??