Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this hood resprayed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 05:09 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by QXTC
Scooby921, that is a beautiful car! Right color for sure
Thank you! Mine is the dark blue metallic and it's wonderful. Blue most of the time, but in the shade it takes on a green hue, and in bright sunlight it's a magenta / purple.

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
Want.

Want.

Want.

Seriously. Gimme.
Mine! But thanks...I think

Originally Posted by QXTC
If I can continue to ask elementary questions, if it’s a respray that isn’t visible by sight, why should I care, and what sort of reduction in price would be appropriate?
I was just going to say exactly this. What is your intended use for the car? Are you going to collect it or drive it? Unless it has an air cooled engine, has a GT2/3/4 badge, or identifies as a super car I don't see the value ever going up beyond what you paid for it. If the guy doing the PPI looked at the car, checked paint thickness, and can't say for certain that it's been repainted, then what is there to worry about? If history says no accidents a respray is unlikely. Even if it has been sprayed it seems like it's been done well enough to look OEM. Unless you're looking for an absolutely pristine garage queen to stare at in your living room I don't see any reason for the paint to hold up your potential purchase.

What we all think is only half relevant. What matters is what you think and how you feel about it. If the report from your inspection makes you happy enough to buy the car, go for it.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:44 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

If done well it hardly matters. As these and all cars age there is a fine line between original with patina and clean paint. I would rather have a well maintained restored car than an all original car with flaws

Quick Reply: Is this hood resprayed?