Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 AM
ruth
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 for Intercity. Wonderful service and communication the whole way from Oregon to Pennsylvania.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:40 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,618 Likes on 890 Posts

I have used Intercity as well... great service!
Highly recommend them.
I was bummed for my last delivery (Florida to Oregon)... they didn’t service that route.

That is what critical... the route vs. who is on it at the time.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:05 PM
Jerruno93
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not use an open trailer!
Old 07-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by guab
I tried to ship with Reliable last summer when I bought my Spyder, but Monterrey car week made it all but impossible. I ended up going with the vendor the Pcar dealer recommended in VA (Euro Classics Porsche), and they were excellent! That said, Reliable carriers would have been my choice if I could have had it shipped in a reasonable time frame.
I had the same experience last year. During car week Reliable had over 100 trucks coming West for car week and couldn’t fit my Spyder in. Plycar had some issues as well but got to it pretty quick.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:32 PM
sghokie
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had my 981 shipped by Dedicated Vehicle Transport. Totally recommend. Call them direct for the best price.
The driver was friendly and totally professional. The company is also the shipper for indian motorcycles too.
I was super nervous about the whole thing, but once it got here and I got to see the truck and so on it was all good.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

PM me - have a great guy that can help you out. I have one inbound from the east coast as we speak.

When end I was looking at bringing one in from Texas last year he as competitive, but most importantly he handles a lot of premium cars and knows what he is doing!
Old 08-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Quix
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I had been arranging transport from CA to MN with one of the reputable carriers above (new-to-me 981). I started doing this in mid-July, but because the car was not officially available until the end of July, they didn't start planning until then. I was unable to get them to be very specific, and when I called a few other carriers from the list above they all gave me the same story. One told me that the car manufacturers are doing "heat testing" at this time of year, so they are shipping cars from all over down to AZ to test. In the end, I was able to contact Nick from Plycar, who gave me a similarly-priced quote but a definite (and earlier) pick-up time. I went with Plycar. Hoping to have my car soon!
Old 01-30-2020, 03:54 AM
Sebastian Grey
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using A1 auto transport. I liked the way they worked, It was fast reliable and really professional. I had to ship my car from Seattle to NYC and I didn't want to do a drive across the country so it was important to find a good shipping company that would be on the market for while has fair auto transport quotes and good reviews. I looked online and A1 Auto Transport seemed like a good option for me. They were quick and I didn't have any problems with them. I used the closed shipping and not the open one but they have that option as well.

Last edited by Sebastian Grey; 02-06-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Car Shipping