Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting Garmin reversing camera to 981

Old 07-24-2018, 08:40 AM
koevoet
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Garmin reversing camera to 981

Hi there,

I'm in the middle of fitting a garmin BC30 wireless reversing camera to my 981 Boxster S , anybody got a wiring diagram for the rear trunk? I've found a fuse box in the rear drivers side ( UK ) but it would be nicer to pick up and power and earth for the reversing lights. Any suggestions or diagrams?

Last edited by koevoet; 07-24-2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason: problem solved, providing info for others
Old 07-24-2018, 10:12 AM
koevoet
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

Found a blue wire with black stripe, power to reversing lights. Used earthing lugs forward on bulkhead. Sat nav (Garmin) now automatically switches to reversing camera view. All good and relatively easy cable run, ran cable through existing large holes behind number plate, used solid core (2.5mm household electrical cable) to pass cable up towards spoiler ,then fished through to offside light cluster (removed), then through into trunk. Took longer to find info for wiring and suss out cable routes than to actually get fitted and operational.This seemed the easiest way to retro fit a reversing camera to the 981. I do have OEM Sat nav, but Garmin runs free speed cameras and traffic....all for less than cost of updating OEM mapping.

Last edited by koevoet; 07-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:29 PM
sghokie
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I installed the max speed camera and I really like it.
The install was easy and it integrated in with the PCM after PIWIS coding of course.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fitting Garmin reversing camera to 981