Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terracotta Interior in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 11:37 AM
parroteyes
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terracotta Interior in Dallas

Hi, I am looking at a 987.1 with a Terracotta interior in Arctic Silver Metallic. The car is not local and I have not seen a Terracotta interior in person. If anyone is in Dallas and has a Terracotta interior, I'd love to come by and check it out! Let me know.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I had a C4S cab with a terracotta/black interior. In person, it's a very nice color. In photos it always looks like some crazy orange color.
Don't go by photos! Good luck finding one to check out - it really is nice!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Masergss
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I’ve only seen one other Boxster in person with color combo...I liked the contrast and the fact it was unique...if you are a black interior person, it may be more contrast than you would enjoy on a daily basis.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:19 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

The fact that the "signature" color combo on the Carerra GT was arguably silver/terracota tells you all you need to know IMO. Striking combo. Exotic. Different. Rare. Exclusive. But colors are so personal and in my experience terracota can be a love-it-or-hate-it proposition. I wouldn't hesitate to hit up your local dealer/PCA regional club and see if they can't put you in contact with someone they know who has terracota. I supsect they would be more than happy to try to help.

Agree 100% with Dr. Bill that terracota doesn't always photograph accurately, but there are plenty of decent CGT photos on line in GT Silver/Terracota that can give you a close approximation. For example, see:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-24-miles.html

Good luck!
Old 07-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

An added point - if the car has deviated black carpet it's much better. The terracotta carpet will show dirt more easily. And it's a bit much red in the interior.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:54 AM
G-forceGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
An added point - if the car has deviated black carpet it's much better. The terracotta carpet will show dirt more easily. And it's a bit much red in the interior.
^^
Agree with Dr. Bill on both his comments. My 997.1 Turbo had the terracotta/black leather combo, & I received many compliments on the interior. It was very nice & definitely unique. Photos of the interior always looked mediocre & sort of an orange color, which it's not. I've seen cars with Terracotta carpet & I think that's too much IMHO. Think of a terracotta tile or pot, just darker & that will give you more of an idea of what the colour is like. My turbo had a lot of carbon fiber which went with it really well.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:56 AM
parroteyes
6th Gear

Thanks all for the replies! I have heard that the color is better in person than in photos, which is good news as I like it in photos as well. The car is actually for my girl and she is excited about the loud interior, I'm just excited to play with the car when I can steal it from her! I do think breaking up the color with some black mats etc. is a good plan, will look into that if this particular car works out.

Cheers
Old 07-24-2018, 06:02 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by parroteyes
I do think breaking up the color with some black mats etc. is a good plan, will look into that if this particular car works out.

Cheers
I did something like that with my 981 Cayman that had the full red leather interior (lots of red!). Got a set of CocoMats in black with flecks of red. They do offer a Black/Terra #56 that might work for you:
https://www.cocomats.com/coco
Old 07-25-2018, 05:05 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

I love terra. I’ve had at least 3 p cars with that interior

But a little is a lot. If the dash is terra, you may get reflections and The steering wheel will be prone to getting dirty if it is also terra.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Terracotta is my favorite.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:38 PM
parroteyes
6th Gear

Well the car fell through. PPI went well but the owner and I couldn't come to terms on the value of the car. The search continues!
Old 07-30-2018, 07:31 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by parroteyes
Well the car fell through. PPI went well but the owner and I couldn't come to terms on the value of the car. The search continues!
Wait a few days. He'll call you. ;-)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:06 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a terra cotta Cayman S and can echo the comments above. It looked spectacular in person but photographed terribly. I had a hard time selling it and ended up trading it in when my wife bought a new car. The dealer said he sold my Cayman the same day I traded it in.

Quick Reply: Terracotta Interior in Dallas