Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder: Battery Keeps Draining!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:38 PM
Farland
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
I usually double click the lock button on the keyfob when I park my car in the garage. I am told that saves juice by not running the 'weight sensor' or something in the car that detects if someone got in to the cabin. That saves some juice. But I second swapping out the battery for a new one.

Slightly off topic but the Antigravity battery is quite epic that I have in my car. it seems like the car starts up quicker and also the lame sounding horn that sounds when you lock the car is a LOT louder than before lol. Just seems like the battery supplies a very strong amount of current or something.
+1 on the lithium-ion batteries. They typically have a higher normal voltage level as compared to lead-acid or AGM. Cranking usually is stronger and their power-weight ratio is way better. I see Antigravity has come out with a battery called the RS-30 and they offered a Rennlist group buy a while ago. I like how these companies are rectifying some of the earlier issues that were experienced with lithium-ion batteries and making them basically drop in replacments for older technology.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Farland
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
Viper pilot:
Thanks. The battery is less than 3 years old. Car was built by end of '15. Agree that the battery can deteriorate at a faster rate with multiple/frequent complete discharge.

Jamie:
Thanks. Kinda validates my rational that some batteries could go sooner than others, knowing you had to replace yours as well. Good to know about limitations with the cables.

Farland:
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the pointers. The battery has passed relevant tests. Nothing stuck out as out of the ordinary. Nada!

Thanks everyone for suggestions; appreciate it. I had let the car sit idle for six days, intentionally, in locked state. Yesterday, friday, it didn't crank. So, jumped it and went straight back to the dealer, for the fourth time! Sure enough, the battery tested positive; no fault! By now, I had already preped the Service Advisor that we were replacing the battery, regardless what they find. So, we replaced it. I don't think I'm closing the book on this issue. I'm gonna repeat the six-days-of-idle test in a couple of months. If there is a non-battery issue, I need to find it!
Thanks for the welcoming!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 981 Spyder: Battery Keeps Draining!