Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster 981 MF steering wheel replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Cupola175
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster 981 MF steering wheel replacement

I’m hopeful someone here can help. I’ve got a 2012 boxster s with a multifunction + heated steering wheel. And after seeing the new style 718 / 911 multifunction wheel I decided I wanted to change mine so after finding a wheel with same functionality I bit the bullet and bought it ( a bit of research first would’ve been better ) I now know it won’t just swap over and I’ll need some kind of canbus adapter I’ve seen some people have used a GPS adapter but I can’t seem to get in touch with the guys that make them. I’m pretty practical and I’d have no problems doing the swap but need some advice.
hope someone can help because now I’ve got the new wheel the old one looks like it’s from 1985.
Cheers Paul.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:49 PM
5teve
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm want to do the same swap on a 981 with a MF wheel. You can purchase the adapter from https://gpsadapter.us. You can also email the guy that makes them if you have any questions and he responds pretty quickly.

Where did you purchase your wheel from?
Old 07-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Cupola175
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there thanks for the reply I’ve tried website that sells the adapter but you get a page not found msg when trying to msg them.

Do you have contact details for the guy that makes the adapter ?
I bought the wheel off a guy with a 991.1 who said he bought it off a guy he knew at a Porsche centre apparently the staff gett first offers on returned items ?
But he didn’t get around to having it fitted. And then bought a Bentley continental.
I paid £950 uk pounds for the wheel complete with airbag.
Cheers Paul.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:37 PM
5teve
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The contact info for the guy is, info@gpsadapter.us. That email address is actually buried on one of the pages in a link. His name is actually Paul as well.

Quick Reply: Boxster 981 MF steering wheel replacement