Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 boxster problem, rear bcm.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Scooterco
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 boxster problem, rear bcm.

Hi I recently had am issue that has s yet to be resolved. After several days of heavy rain, the car displayed multiple symptoms while driving.
1. intermittenent alarm horn sounding continuosly
2. Top not responding. error showing.
3. rear spoiler not deploying at speed.
4. rear runninglights showing faults though working.
5. rear trunk release not operatimg in any mode.
After a ignition reset. the computer showed a system fault.
I nursed the car home and put it on durametric. it showed no comm from the rear bcm. I tried a reset of all systems with durametric and it cleared many codes and issues, but I still show no comm. not top control,no spoiler. Im taking it to the dealership as soon as I get back from a business trip, but I was curious if anyone else had ever encounter this issue before?

Old 07-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

All your symptoms are of the RBCM either directly or indirectly.

I bought a Boxster as salvage that resulted from the Houston hurricane. Had every symptom as yours, Make sure the rbcm is not wet, Mine blew when the owner pulled the front/rear trunk switch, melting the wires. Of course,it was under water in my car. Apparently the horn in my car wore out as I had to replace it, as the water level only got to the bottom of the doors, In any case, make sure you find and fix the source of water into your car.

The RBCM has some of the sensors of the top and if communication is lost, the top will not work. If you have power seats and they still change position (memory option) in getting in and out of the car, then the CAN Comfort bus bus is OK as the seats are on the same bus. There is also a LIN bus connection to the RBCM,

I fixed everything, but the RBCM had to be married to the car's security system by the dealer. My car passed the State of Ohio safety/theft inspection last week and now has plates and is legal to drive on public streets again.

Quick Reply: 2013 boxster problem, rear bcm.