Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   987 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/987-forum-125/)
-   -   Macadamia Metallic (https://rennlist.com/forums/987-forum/1076690-macadamia-metallic.html)

Rick_H 06-21-2018 06:50 AM

Macadamia Metallic

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Cayman S in the next week or so (Birthday present to myself) and while I like the white and black, I came across a very nice, extremely clean car in Macadamia Metallic , black interior. Any owners out there with this color have additional pictures or regrets...lol? It appeals to me since I have never really seen one in that color and is unique in my mind, just want to make sure I wont regret it 6 months down the road.

Dave in Chicago 06-21-2018 07:53 AM

Don't own this color, but it is one that also caught my eye and was on my list. Each time I've seen it again, I've really liked it. Most recently during a Spring PCA driving tour with about 50 other cars and folks.

Assuming it's Macadamia Brown, yes?

Dave

Rick_H 06-21-2018 08:10 AM

Yes the brown, really has caught my eye as well

vbb 06-21-2018 08:28 AM

I have not seen a Cayman in that color, but I have seen a 911 and a Panamera in that color. It is different... I was actually considering a 997 Turbo in that color years ago...but ultimately I decided that I would get tired of the color after 6 months just like you mentioned. I've also seen at least one car languish for sale longer than it probably should have, primarily because of the color.

Unless you love it, I'd pass.

Marine Blue 06-21-2018 09:16 AM

Personally I think it’s a beautiful color. Here’s what I’ve observed about Porsche purchases in different colors. When the car is relatively new (IE less than 15 years) buyers prefer the less unusual colors and or a sport oriented paint to sample color. As the car ages buyers will eventually come around to the colors that aren’t as common but still look beautiful on the car. I think this is one of those colors. If you’re in it for the long haul I would go for it and enjoy it. If you think you’ll only have it a few years I would wait and pick something mainstream.

DBH 06-21-2018 12:45 PM

I've seen this color on a Cayman and it shows very nicely. Would I order one in this color? Probably not. Would I buy one off the lot? Everything else (options) being equal, yes.

rsabeebe 06-21-2018 12:53 PM

i've always thought that was an awesome color. for some reason, i've always thought 911s in brown look great.

gla 06-21-2018 01:21 PM

I have a 2014 Cayman S in Anthracite Brown and Espresso natural leather interior. Macadamia is very similar. I have parked my Anthracite brown next to a Macadamia and they are difficult to tell the colors apart. Both look great and are uncommon which is in part why I ordered that color.

fhp911 06-21-2018 03:19 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...9bd208e6ba.jpg

I have a Macadamia Brown 2011 Boxster S. I get so many compliments on how attractive it is. Just today 2 guys stopped me on the street to say how much they liked it.

Suicide Jockey 06-21-2018 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rick_H (Post 15093248)
I came across a very nice, extremely clean car in Macadamia Metallic , black interior.

Rick, I dig the exterior color but sorta wish the interior was beige instead of black. All the Macadamia cars I have seen have had a beige interior and the combo looks great with the dark exterior/lighter interior contrast. A dark brown car with a black interior is a bit too monochromatic/dark for my taste, but I know that's highly personal.

Good luck with your search. I highly applaud treating yourself to a Cayman S for your birthday :cheers:

dennisafrompa 06-21-2018 06:12 PM

There is s guy on the Cayman Facebook page that posted pics of this color on a 987. It looks great.

Jawnathin 06-21-2018 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by fhp911 (Post 15094258)

I have a Macadamia Brown 2011 Boxster S. I get so many compliments on how attractive it is. Just today 2 guys stopped me on the street to say how much they liked it.

It is a beautiful color and great to see you're getting that kind of response about Macadamia Brown.

Related question: What color would you all suggest if I preferred to pick up women instead?

Marine Blue 06-22-2018 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jawnathin (Post 15094957)
It is a beautiful color and great to see you're getting that kind of response about Macadamia Brown.

Related question: What color would you all suggest if I preferred to pick up women instead?

Simple, get a Spyder :icon107: For some reason they are all drawn to the car, doesn’t matter the age.

Jamie140 06-22-2018 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jawnathin (Post 15094957)

That would be an RC Fiat 458 spider.

Milehigh981 06-22-2018 03:15 PM

I've seen in person and like it, not sure I'd love it enough to keep for an extended time. Agree with SJ about interior combo.