Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.1 Boxster S - Heated seats acting up

Old 06-17-2018, 10:34 AM
vMarco
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 987.1 Boxster S - Heated seats acting up

Good afternoon friends!

Just had a little drive back home from Bibury, UK where there's been a nice little gathering of Porsches. My fiancee feeling slightly cold went to switch her heated seat on... but nothing happened, no light, no heat.

To give you a little bit of history, 2 or 3 months ago, I noticed for the very first time, on a drive down to London, we had the heated seat on, both of them. After about an hour of driving, both seat would come on and off, several times, at the same time, with about 5-10min in between. When it switched off, trying to switch them back on, would have no effect at all. At that time, I thought maybe the temperature sensor would be the culprit, but on both seats?

Then, the symptoms had never showed up again, until today. The difference is that, we would not be able to switch them on, neither of them and from the beginning! (Would that rule out the temp sensor?)

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, the heated seats don't have a fuse at the drivers side fusebox, but rather behind the glovebox OR are directly controlled by a controller that also actuate the headlamps washer...?

Arriving at home, I went to try to get to the fuse box that is behind the glovebox, I believe I located it but couldn't open it without forcing too much on those clips. I couldn't really work out how they are supposed to be bent, to be honest. BUT, when I was about to go back inside the house to get more tools, giving a last try on the heated seat, they magically started working again!

I am ruling out already the coding for it as they work intermittently. I am incline to rule out a fuse too as they would simply not work at all. I am left with the faulty controller option, I believe.

Questions are: has anyone of you experienced a similar thing? Does anyone of you know where I could find that controller if there is such?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 987.1 Boxster S - Heated seats acting up