Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a reasonable offer for this GTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 10:03 PM
needaporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Wish I saw this thread earlier, could have saved you some time. I went to go see that car about 3-4 weeks ago. I walked away for the same reasons you did. I agree with your assessment that it was very beat up. I noticed a lot of really weird stuff, like clear bra on the roof and side mirrors but no longer on the front bumper, hood or fenders. Not 100% sure about this but at some point early in its life I think the car had an incident up front. The front bumper didn't quite fit 100% as the gap with the fender on the passenger side was slightly larger than the driver's side and it was missing the clear bra that was found on other parts of the car. The headlights also had cracking all around the edges. And yes there is a small crack in the top of the windshield that wasn't visible in the pictures. The tow hook cover that was missing in the pictures was taken from a GT4 in show room, lol.

I am so glad I am local to this car because I am willing to travel and if I made a long trip to see this I would have been very upset. I wish they'd be more up front about the condition because it was a waste of time going to see it.

It is very well optioned, almost perfect really but it had a ton of cosmetic issues and who knows what else wrong with it and that is why it hasn't sold. At the right price I think it is a good project for someone to clean up but for the money they're asking its just easier to keep looking instead of dealing with that mess.

I am glad to have someone else who has looked at this car chime in and agree. I didn’t notice the bumper but yeah the clear bra was missing in some places and something was really off with it. I asked the dealer if they were going to fix it and the guy was like “this is all wear and tear”. They couldn’t even tell me if the car was a cpo or not - first they tell me it was as is and then they came back and said it was CPO.

By the way, if you were going to see the cayman s at nearby at M Sport motors, let me save you some time and tell you that car has some weirdness going on too. It’s has chewed up leather on the steering, hole in the driver seat and really poor paint touch up on the exterior. Literally like a kid painted it over with a brush .... I have pictures
Old 06-12-2018, 10:35 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,133 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Wish I saw this thread earlier, could have saved you some time. I went to go see that car about 3-4 weeks ago. I walked away for the same reasons you did. I agree with your assessment that it was very beat up. I noticed a lot of really weird stuff, like clear bra on the roof and side mirrors but no longer on the front bumper, hood or fenders. Not 100% sure about this but at some point early in its life I think the car had an incident up front. The front bumper didn't quite fit 100% as the gap with the fender on the passenger side was slightly larger than the driver's side and it was missing the clear bra that was found on other parts of the car. The headlights also had cracking all around the edges. And yes there is a small crack in the top of the windshield that wasn't visible in the pictures. The tow hook cover that was missing in the pictures was taken from a GT4 in show room, lol.

I am so glad I am local to this car because I am willing to travel and if I made a long trip to see this I would have been very upset. I wish they'd be more up front about the condition because it was a waste of time going to see it.

It is very well optioned, almost perfect really but it had a ton of cosmetic issues and who knows what else wrong with it and that is why it hasn't sold. At the right price I think it is a good project for someone to clean up but for the money they're asking its just easier to keep looking instead of dealing with that mess.
Yeah that sounds like a mess. Run and don't look back.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:42 AM
John Ferguson
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by needaporsche
Ha, ping me when you put yours on sale if you have PDK (Sorry, wife wants to drive too )
Ordered with PDK / PTV / GTS interior / PPP / blah blah blah about 20K worth of options total. Love driving MT, but wife doesn't and my clutch leg isn't as good as it was before L4/L5 fusion. Didn't get a Spyder last time due to lack of PDK, this time am confident PDK will be an option and even if it isn't my clutch leg is a little better due to lots of PT. She has only driven it once for a couple miles when I made her, she prefers I drive, fine with me. Once 982 Spyders begin production, will ping you when it's for sale with current pics / info.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:15 PM
needaporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ferguson
Ordered with PDK / PTV / GTS interior / PPP / blah blah blah about 20K worth of options total. Love driving MT, but wife doesn't and my clutch leg isn't as good as it was before L4/L5 fusion. Didn't get a Spyder last time due to lack of PDK, this time am confident PDK will be an option and even if it isn't my clutch leg is a little better due to lots of PT. She has only driven it once for a couple miles when I made her, she prefers I drive, fine with me. Once 982 Spyders begin production, will ping you when it's for sale with current pics / info.

My god that looks painful! I had a broken leg from a motorcycle crash, and I thought that was painful as hell.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:28 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by needaporsche

I am glad to have someone else who has looked at this car chime in and agree. I didn’t notice the bumper but yeah the clear bra was missing in some places and something was really off with it. I asked the dealer if they were going to fix it and the guy was like “this is all wear and tear”. They couldn’t even tell me if the car was a cpo or not - first they tell me it was as is and then they came back and said it was CPO.

By the way, if you were going to see the cayman s at nearby at M Sport motors, let me save you some time and tell you that car has some weirdness going on too. It’s has chewed up leather on the steering, hole in the driver seat and really poor paint touch up on the exterior. Literally like a kid painted it over with a brush .... I have pictures
You did the right thing to avoid this one. Unless you're looking for a project, make your first Porsche something you walk up to and love on without your eyes immediately gravitating to all of the cosmetic flaws that you "are going to fix." My experience is that these types of cars never recover to be the creampuff most of us are looking for and are almost always just a mostly-unsatisfying intermediate until the right one comes along. And at worst, they suck your money up as you pursue what you really want and are often the reason the right one can't/doesn't come along for a long while. Get the one you want as your first P-car. There's only one first.

After many BMW's, AMG's and countless other high priced automobiles, I bought this Spyder as my first Porsche. I can tell you right now, as I look at all the beautiful cars the regulars on this board post pics of on a daily basis (both Porsche and others), if I had bought the car you described and were looking at I would have been disappointed in my ride from day one. That is not the way to start out, IMHO of course.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:18 PM
smohr33
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

Glad to see strong sale/asking prices on GTS. I haven't really considered selling, but I guess everything is always for sale at a price

I have a silver BGTS with 11k miles, X73, PDK, GTS interior and exterior pkgs, $91k sticker. No rain, always garaged, only hand washed, non smoker, full front XPEL, new Michelin PS4S. If I could realize $70k+, I would sell it.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:42 PM
dabiesaur
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like GTS prices havent really moved since I was looking over a year ago
Old 06-13-2018, 04:23 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by smohr33
Glad to see strong sale/asking prices on GTS. I haven't really considered selling, but I guess everything is always for sale at a price

I have a silver BGTS with 11k miles, X73, PDK, GTS interior and exterior pkgs, $91k sticker. No rain, always garaged, only hand washed, non smoker, full front XPEL, new Michelin PS4S. If I could realize $70k+, I would sell it.
What year is your BGTS?
Old 06-13-2018, 05:30 PM
smohr33
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
What year is your BGTS?
'15, in service date 4/15.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:54 AM
nkkm
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

New here with similar question about the 2015 981 GTS market.

Looks at something with a spec like this: http://nationalpreownedporsche.com/i...tallic+1304593

What should a private sale (still with CPO) with similar options to this go for? I've seen PDK 2015 at dealers with similar spec for around $73K but not Saphire blue or Manual.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim137a
I assume this is the car your looking at:

https://livermore.porschedealer.com/...ne+Red+1854925

CarFax actually only shows 1owner and that the 40k mile service has been done:

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=C470789&vin=WP0AB2A85FK180068

Actually, that CarFax is a bit strange.
The first entry is an auction purchase with 3311 miles on the vehicle. Also lists 'corporate' owners.
Was this a Porsche press car? Executive car? Or from the driving school?

The first entry listing a title issued is from 1/28/16. Is that the in-service date that determines when the warranty starts? Or did it start before then? If so, there are more than one owner.

There are also entries from 6/4/18, 6/13/18, and 6/27/18 that say 'vehicle serviced'. Why the frequent service? Maybe they are trying to fix the issues one at a time until it sells?

Something is very strange.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Good catch on your part. I think you may be right stating that this car was a Porsche Executive car, driving school car or a press car.

The warranty start is listed as July 22, 2014 according to the attached build sheet and as you stated the first time it seems to have been titled was 1/28/16.

Way too many things I don’t understand ( I’m a self admitted simpleton ) so I personally would shy away, there’s lots of cars for sale that don’t need explaining or have stories. Lol.

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Actually, that CarFax is a bit strange.
The first entry is an auction purchase with 3311 miles on the vehicle. Also lists 'corporate' owners.Was this a Porsche press car? Executive car? Or from the driving school?

The first entry listing a title issued is from 1/28/16. Is that the in-service date that determines when the warranty starts? Or did it start before then? If so, there are more than one owner.

There are also entries from 6/4/18, 6/13/18, and 6/27/18 that say 'vehicle serviced'. Why the frequent service? Maybe they are trying to fix the issues one at a time until it sells?

Something is very strange.

Quick Reply: What is a reasonable offer for this GTS