Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 right side shock issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 04:06 PM
jesseleeweaver
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 987 right side shock issue

So yea, I tackled the gt3 front sway bar and adjustable link job yesterday morning. Completed it, let the car sit, doubled check all the bolts or (or so i thought). took it for a test drive, drop over a small hump and BAM!!!! right side dropped, tire smoked some from rubbing and I pulled into my driveway 200 ft away. Shame shame..

I took photos of both shocks (please view), and I am somewhat confused or saddened if I completely missed the only bolt on the shock, but I would love some feedback about what is wrong before i look at it tomorrow. it's 96 out and i am abit tired.
Ohh I took left and right photos, and the big difference is the amount of clean black showing on the shock. I'm not super sure what that means.

The adjustable links are set on the 3rd hole from the front, middle. The sway is even on both sides, (measured and etc). It's about 2-3 mm from the control arm.

I bought the bar from pelican, and the spl links from evasive. I had the front even on ramps, took my sweet time, and I'm not sure what happened. There was no force on the links when installed. Thank you for any help.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:26 PM
jesseleeweaver
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Problem Fixed: My torque wrench is not working correctly. The pinch bolt was not torqued correctly. Sad. However, problem fixed and porsche verified it was torqued correctly.

Quick Reply: 987 right side shock issue