Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 BGTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 07:49 PM
repp
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 BGTS

Would like to hear from those with experience. I want to know if I should, or should not, purchase a 2016 Boxster GTS from an Audi dealer. It still has about 1.5 years left on original factory warranty. Was a leased vehicle, and has about 8,000 miles on it now. Shows only the recent service and oil change, with no other service records. I would love to have a 981 GTS, and the price is suitable, but I'm concerned. Should I be? And I realize it's my decision in the end, but I would appreciate information from those who have been done this road. I don't own a Porsche at this time but have in the past. Signed up here to ask this question

Thanks for your time

Robert
Old 05-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If the car is in good shape and a PPI comes out clean, why not buy it from an Audi dealer if the price is right? (get the PPI)
If you're worried re: warranty, aftermarket is an option for peace of mind.
What's your concern? the Dealership or lack of records for a lightly used car?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:53 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 402 Posts

Yup. Get the PPI. If all is well you are going to be so happy!
Old 05-02-2018, 12:15 AM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 166 Posts

Whatever you do don't test drive it. Once you do you'll never want to stop driving it. That is what happened to me. It is a great car. But as others have said get a ppi.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:25 AM
paralizer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by repp
Would like to hear from those with experience. I want to know if I should, or should not, purchase a 2016 Boxster GTS from an Audi dealer. It still has about 1.5 years left on original factory warranty. Was a leased vehicle, and has about 8,000 miles on it now. Shows only the recent service and oil change, with no other service records. I would love to have a 981 GTS, and the price is suitable, but I'm concerned. Should I be? And I realize it's my decision in the end, but I would appreciate information from those who have been done this road. I don't own a Porsche at this time but have in the past. Signed up here to ask this question

Thanks for your time

Robert
Unless you are the lucky one who purchased it, that car has sold. I sent an inquiry today and got the news it's already gone.

Quick Reply: 2016 BGTS